Thread: Mozilla Firefox 4.0 on Ubuntu 11.04: Unable to delete the Bookmarks

Mozilla Firefox 4.0 on Ubuntu 11.04: Unable to delete the Bookmarks

As the title suggesting itself what I wanted to discuss over here in this particular thread. Well I have installed Ubuntu 11.04 on the computer of mine. Recently I have installed Mozilla Firefox 4.0 on the computer of mine. I have noticed that there is an issue with the browser. I have noticed that I was unable to remove the book marks from this particular browser. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to fix the matter of mine. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Mozilla Firefox 4.0 on Ubuntu 11.04: Unable to delete the Bookmarks

Well looking at the problem I wanted to ask following question which you should answer so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem.
    How you have add the bookmarks in the First place? Are you able to drag the same by using the browser of yours? do you having any bookmarks related extensions? Have you ever tried to open the bookmarks from any other browser? Answer the above mentioned questions as early as possible.

I am suggesting following thing which you can try to find out whether the address is corrected or it has been corrupted by any mean. Well I recommend that you should simply select the bookmark and right click on the same. You have to go for the Properties in the resulting window you have to check whether the address is valid or it is corrupted. So you should try the same and let me know whether it was helpful to figure out the root cause of the problem.

In order to get the requirement of yours I am suggesting following instructions which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to go for Bookmarks from the menubar of the browser and you have to click on the show all bookmarks.
    • Now you have to select the desire bookmark on the system of yours and you have to right click on the same and you have to click on the Delete.

I am hoping that it would be useful to fix the matter of yours.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. In order to fix the matter of minI have reinstall the browser on the computer of mine. You should simply uninstall the entire browser and then you should restart the computer. Now you should try to install the browser. Once you have installed the browser on the computer of yours and see whether you are having the issue which are getting or ‘not.

I am highly suspecting that the issue which you are facing is occurring just because of the bug issue. Well the developer of this particular browser can fix the bug issue. I recommend you should contact the browser developer and file a bug report to them. Well the developer team would figure out where is the bug and fix the same. After fixing the bug they would release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter of yours.