Thread: Toggle Firefox menu bar on Ubuntu

Toggle Firefox menu bar on Ubuntu

Well I am using Mozilla Firefox 4.0 on the compute of mine. I was able to toggle the menu bar by simply pressing on the Windows based operating system. Recently I have installed Ubuntu on the computer of mine and I have found that I was unable to toggle the menu bar on Ubuntu. I tried with lots of tweaks and tricks to get the requirement of mine but it did not worked at all for me. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Toggle Firefox menu bar on Ubuntu

I am not sure but I think I have understood what I wanted to ask over here in this particular thread. However if you are using Unity on the computer of yours then I let you know that Menu bar is showing up when the mouse pointer is placed on the top of the browser which you are using on the computer of yours. as you move away the mouse pointer the menu would disappear from the computer screen of yours.

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I wanted to know do you have installed KDE on the computer of yours. if you are having KDE on the computer then Firefox would use the all the shortcuts of the windows would not work at all for you. Also there is no specific solution to get the requirement of yours in this particular matter. I let you know you if I come across any specific solution on this particular matter.

In order to fix the matter of yours I am suggesting that you need to install PPA on the computer of mine. You need to update the system of yours and it would be unsupported packages from the untrusted PPA by simply adding the ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-daily/ppa into the system software sources of the computer of yours. the Personal Packages Archives are not checked at all. You will install the software on the computer with your risk.

In order to install the PPA on the computer of yours I am suggesting following instruction to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to launch the terminal on the computer of yours and run following command.
    • Code:
      sudo add-apt-repository ppa:user/ppa-name
    • the system of yours would fetch for the PPA key and it would be enable your system to verify the packages
    • now you should run the following command on the terminal.
    • Code:
      sudo apt-get update

I am hoping that it would be useful to you.

I am not sure about the solution which I am going to mentioned below but you should try and let me know whether it is working or not.
    You should locate for the userChrome.css from the home folder.
    Now you have to launch the text editor on the system of yours.
    Code:
    #appmenu-toolbar-button {
      list-style-image: url("chrome://branding/content/icon16.png");
    }
    #appmenu-toolbar-button > .toolbarbutton-text,
    #appmenu-toolbar-button > .toolbarbutton-menu-dropmarker {
      display: none !important;
    }
    Now save the same you have to restart the Firefox on the system and see whether it is working or not.