Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-06-2011

Internet explorer 9 does not recognize Flash 10.3 on Windows 7

I am using windows 7 64 bit operating system along with it 32 bit internet explorer web browser. I have installed flash player 10.3 on my system. The problem is that IE 9 doesn?t recognize my flash player. Whenever I visit some sites having flash contents then I am not able to get view that content which is displayed in flash player. So please help me or provide me some solutions for it so that I could fix this problem and get acquainted with flash player.
Old 23-06-2011

Re: Internet explorer 9 does not recognize Flash 10.3 on Windows 7

I've heard about the same problem before. Then, I knew about this problem and realized that it has been occurred before. And the coincidence is that this problem matches the previous one in terms of browser. I mean the problem itself was with Internet Explorer. In this case the flash player is new version; hence you need to do some settings in internet explorer. That is you have to install the shockwave flash object and also should enable it the same.
Old 23-06-2011

Well in internet explorer there is a setting for ActiveX filtering. So you should open your internet explorer 9 browser and then you should try disabling or enabling this feature. To enable it you have to go to Tools>safety>activeX filtering. In order to disable it, you have to select filter in address bar and select turn off activeX. These directions were for doing for specific sites, you can do for all websites by following step 1 and then test it.
Old 23-06-2011

As you are having the issue with Flash Player setup 10.3 and therefore I have found a temporary resolution to this problem. This requires opening the browser; I mean Internet Explorer and then go to your settings with the menu of tools. Then click on the software rendering by navigating to the advanced tab of the browser. Finally update these settings in your browser application and restart the browser to see the changes to take effect.
Old 26-06-2011

The final thing here I can advice you is to either change your browser or change your existing flash player. I believe that this problem would not be there on other browsers. So for temporary basis till adobe offers a fix for internet explorer you can use other browser like Firefox or chrome. Else you will have to downgrade your flash version, as these versions are not having any problem because all the bugs of that release have been fixed.
Old 10-12-2013

If you access Yahoo on Google Chrome, then your flash videos will play again. I did that after days of trying all the other suggestions from MS, Adobe, and more. When all else failed, Google Chrome worked.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,