Thread: Unable to select Hotmail email in Mozilla Firefox 5

Unable to select Hotmail email in Mozilla Firefox 5

I recently installed Mozilla Firefox 5.0 web browser in my computer. I installed this browser on my friend’s request when he informed me that the newest update just got released. So, now I am trying to browse my Hotmail account with the Firefox 5.0 but facing this weird issue. Now, whenever I am pointing my cursor to any individual email, I can see a floating box which has the title “1 item” below it but I am unable to select the email. Does anyone know what might be the issue? Please help!!

Re: Unable to select Hotmail email in Mozilla Firefox 5

I am assuming that you might have not installed the update properly in your computer. Or you might not updated the official final release of the Mozilla Firefox 5.0. It is highly possible that you might have installed the beta version of the Firefox browser, which is normally released before the release of the final version. So, I would recommend you to upgrade the browser by starting the older version of Mozilla Firefox installed in your computer. Start the earlier Firefox and click on Help and then select the Update option and install the latest updates.

You can search for the final release of Mozilla Firefox 5.0 on Internet and install in your computer. I would suggest you to download the installation file from some trusted website only. It will be very good if you download the setup from the official website of Mozilla. Once completed with downloading the setup, install Mozilla Firefox 5.0 in your computer and make sure that you don’t get any error message. Also restart your computer whenever, your system recommends you to do so.

Hey people, thank you for replying. I am very lucky to have somebody like you guys to help me out. And, also I appreciate your time and efforts. But I am sorry to say you that I have already done trying those suggestions. I made sure that I install the final release of Mozilla Firefox 5.0 in my system which I downloaded from the official website of Mozilla, but nothing seems to be working for me. I am really fed up of the issue. Please anyone is having any other suggestion, than feel free to reply the post.

I also faced this issue while I was trying to use my Hotmail account in Mozilla Firefox 5.0 along with some other issues like not able to attach any attachments to any email. I assume this to be some kind of bug with Mozilla or some of its plugins or extensions. So, I would suggest you to disable the addons or extensions which you have installed with your Firefox browser and then check out whether the issue gets solved or not. For me disabling the Silverlight plugins solved the problem.

Once you have found the main culprit, you can easily solve the issue. I was also able to solve the similar problem in the Mozilla firefox 5.0 browser by disabling the Java Run Time plugins. There is a great issue with addons which are installed in the Firefox 5.0. You can go to the following path after starting the Firefox browser and disable the addons which you have installed in your browser. Tools > Addons > Plugins. Try to diable/enable one plugin at a time. This will let you know, which plugin is actually causing the issue.

I am not sure whether this solution actually work for you or not, but I have read it at many websites where people have claimed that Disabling the adblock plus for hotmail domain did the trick for them and helped them solve the problem. I personally didn’t try it out, but I would definitely recommend you to give it a try as it has already helped many people. Who knows, you will find yourself among the lucky ones.