Thread: IDM download icon is missing on web player in Mozilla Firefox 5.0

IDM download icon is missing on web player in Mozilla Firefox 5.0

I have been using Mozilla Firefox web browser from pretty long time and yesterday I updated the Firefox which I was using before to the latest version, Mozilla Firefox 5.0. But after installing the Firefox 5.0 I realized that I was unable to find Internet Download Manager (IDM) download icon on top of the web video player in this new version of Mozilla Firefox. What must be the issue? Please help me by providing me your quality suggestions.

Re: IDM download icon is missing on web player in Mozilla Firefox 5.0

You must have downloaded the Mozilla Firefox 5.0 beta version and that is why you are unable to find the icon for the Internet download Manager on top of the web player in your Mozilla Firefox 5.0. As it is a beta version, the Firefox browser is still under testing phase and it might be possible that the feature will be added to the browser once it is released in full fledge and when the full version of Firefox 5 is released. So you will have to wait for the new updates to solve the issue.

The full working model of Mozilla Firefox 5.0 was released on 21 June, 2011 and I have been using the Mozilla Firefox 5.0 beta version from some time now and I did not find out any link or shortcut for your Internet Download manager in the web player which is the top side of the browser. So I would recommend you to download the newest Firefox 5.0 and check out the feature in that web browser. Make sure that you not downloading alpha or beta version as they will be missing many features.

This is very unfortunate that Mozilla Firefox 5.0 does not support the IDM download link in it. I have been using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox and was surprised to find that the feature is missing. The Internet Download Manger has not yet cleared the compatibility issues with the Firefox 5.0. But we can expect this to be solved anytime in the near future. So the only thing which I can say at this moment is to wait for the update to release, as that is the only case by which the problem will be solved.

Thank you everyone for showing your concern and also for posting your quality replies on my post. I really appreciate your time and efforts. Now, with your help, I realized why I am unable to see the IDM icon on the web player of my Mozilla Firefox 5.0 web browser. But I wanted to know, what should I do, if I wish to use the IDM in my system. Actually I wanted to access the player urgently. SO, I wanted to know, what else I can do, in order to make the following thing possible for myself. Any further help is appreciated. Thank you.

In this situation the only thing which you can do is wait for the release of Mozilla which will be integrating the Internet Download Manager icon along with the web player on the Firefox browser. But still if your wish to use the IDM then you can use the following with some other web browser. You can try out Opera, Google chrome and Internet Explorer as all these web browser’s are compatible with the Internet Download Manager application.

If you really wish to get the Internet Download Manager icon back in your Mozilla Firefox web browser, then the only possible way which I see in this situation is that you should uninstall the current Mozilla Firefox which is installed in your system. Make sure that you have uninstalled all the related files and folders from your system drive. Once done with this, restart your system and download an earlier version of Mozilla Firefox and install it in your system. The earlier version of Firefox are compatible with the IDM.

@DevenderD
    If you want to use Firefox and IDM together, you can try the addon FlashGot.
    It captures any type of video from any website similar to what IDM CC does.
    Added advantage with FlashGot is you can associate any download manager with it.

So install FlashGot addon and in its settings associate it with IDM.

Use this till, IDM gets compatible with FF5.
    BTW, which version of IDM are you using ?