Thread: Are admin credentials necessary to install Flash 10.3.181.23 ActiveX

Are admin credentials necessary to install Flash 10.3.181.23 ActiveX

Well I am having a company where I am having a computer network which is setup using active directory. Some computers have windows XP, while others have windows 7 operating system. I am planning to upgrade the Flash player on all my computers. But before this I want to know whether is it necessary to have administrator credentials in order to install this flash player. Also let me know whether I would be able to install it without entering credentials on every computer.

Re: Are admin credentials necessary to install Flash 10.3.181.23 ActiveX

I understand that it is a cumbersome process to setup things over a network. Basically as you are having a network and you want to install the flash player on each system, so you would require these administrator credentials. As you are installing it on every computer then you will have to enter administrator credentials on every computer. Thus after you type these credentials you can get work with flash player.

Whenever you install any software on the computer then that software asks you for administrator credentials. As your computer is having an active directory network then users would be logging in with limited rights. So definitely you will need the administrator credentials to install the flash player on that system. You must know these credentials to install the player. It would take time, but you won’t be able to install without requirement.

This thing would be possible if you disable the user account control. This feature is only provided with windows vista and windows XP operating system. As some of your computers is having windows XP operating system then you don’t have this option there, so you have to type these credentials. And in rest other OS you can disable the UAC and then proceed with the installation. I guess this would work with the thing you need.

I also think that user account control would work in your case. But the thing is when you turn UAC off then computer becomes less restrictive. It frees many things, so when you complete with the installation then you should turn UAC again, so that computer gains normal restriction ability. You can navigate to Microsoft site and look for UAC so that you get to know more about which is the preferred settings for that.

Basically the player won’t ask for administrator credentials during installation. But it depends on certain conditions. As some of your computer uses windows 7 operating system so the thing is if it is 64 bit, then probably I guess that this flash version is not compatible with 64 bit browser. I mean that with windows 7 you would have internet explorer of 64 bit, and when you would install using this browser then there might be some incompatibility issues with it.

Well I appreciate all the members here who provided some or the other solutions to it, so I thank you for your help. Well the main thing I learnt that I observed that I had a shortcut that come about to be pointing to the 64 bit version of IE. I had not perceived it earlier because all the previous updates for flash I have done worked fine in the 64bit version of IE. I attempted the update from the previous version of flash to the fresh version and when I opened up the 32-bit version the whole thing worked.