Thread: On every restart Mozilla gives “Firefox is up-to-date” message

On every restart Mozilla gives “Firefox is up-to-date” message

Hello guys, please help me solve my problem. This has been irritating me a lot in recent times. So, any kind of help and suggestions will be appreciated. From sometime, whenever I am starting Mozilla Firefox in my Windows XP running system, the web browser seems to be checking for compatibility with the add-ons and then after the checking, I see ‘Firefox is now up-to-date’ notification. But I did not find the Mozilla Firefox to be updated. What might be the issue with the Firefox now? And what possible solution should I try to solve the problem?

Re: On every restart Mozilla gives “Firefox is up-to-date” message

It seems to be some kind of issue with the Mozilla Firefox browser which is installed in your system. So, in this case, the only thing that I can say is to uninstall Firefox browser from your system. But after uninstalling make sure that you are removing all the related files and folders from your drive. Now, restart your system and after restart, reinstall the Firefox in your system. Make sure that you are not facing any kind of error while you are installing the browser. Check out whether you face the same issue after doing these few things.

This might also occur if there is some sort of compatibility issues between some application or the add-ons which you have added to the Mozilla Firefox web browser. I would suggest you to try disabling all the add-ons/plugins which you have added in your Firefox and check what is the status about the problem. Whether it gets resolved or still exists. Find the real culprit which is causing this compatibility issue and remove that particular add-on from the browser to solve the problem.

According to me there are two possibilities which might be causing the problem. First, it might be possible that you must have saved that particular tab (which says that "Firefox is Up-to-date" or “Firefox updated” whenever you start the Mozilla Firefox web browser). Or else the second reason behind this issue is that the Firefox which is installed in your system is having trouble to save the settings assigned by the user in the settings file which is causing it to forget that it has already shown the message.

You should do the following in order to solve your query:
    • Start the Mozilla Firefox browser
    • Click on Tools from the main menu which you will find on the top of the Firefox window
    • From the drop down menu, select Options…
    • Click on the General panel
    • Highlight the text in the Home Page box which you will find in the Startup box
    • Check if you have accidently added the “Firefox Updated page” or not
    • If you have then you can solve the problem by clicking on the Restore to Default button.
    • Or else change the home page so something else of your choice.

The problem might also occur if Mozilla Firefox is unable to save any settings in its preference file. Normally the Mozilla Firefox web browser changes settings in its preferences file in order to verify if the user has seen the “Firefox Updated” tab. If there is any kind of issue with that file, then most probably the Mozilla Firefox won’t be able to save the related information and will always show the following notification message which you are seeing on every start of Mozilla Firefox. You will notice that once you restart your browser, all your set settings will change as they are not saved with Mozilla.

I would suggest you to edit the Firefox’s configuration files like the User.js file. You can do so by following the below steps:
    • Search for your Profile folder and open it
    • Go to the following path to open your profile folder: Help > Troubleshooting Information > Application Basics > Open Containing Folder. This will open a new window which will be having your profile files.
    • Open the user.js file in a text editor
    • If there is no user.js file, these steps won't help you.
    • Make the necessary changes and save the file
    • Finally close the text editor.
    • This will allow you to change the firefox settings.

Hey dude, I also got a solution which worked for me and solved my problem when I was getting those annoying “Firefox is updated” notifications whenever I started the Mozilla Firefox browser. But in my case I did not edited the User.js file, but I directly deleted all the content which was saved in the files. After saving the changes, I restarted my browser and voila everything started acting normal. So I would also suggest you to try this, but for precaution take backup of the following file.