Thread: Mozilla Firefox is not supporting new BBC radio player

Mozilla Firefox is not supporting new BBC radio player

Hello everyone. I am running 64-bit Windows 7 Operating System in my computer. Also, I am using the Mozilla Firefox web browser in my system from browsing Internet. I have been a frequently using the BBC radio via my Internet connection. Recently the BBC revamped its player and after that I was unable to listen live. I am unable to find the reason behind this unusual behavior of the BBC radio player in my Mozilla Firefox. Any kind of help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Mozilla Firefox is not supporting new BBC radio player

As you have mentioned that the BBC radio player was running smoothly before in your Mozilla Firefox browser and recently it has started showing up this issue, I feel this is some kind of virus attack in your system which is causing the problem. So, I would suggest you to make sure that you have installed an updated version of any antivirus in your system. Also remember to always scan your system, in order to keep a track on any kind of virus attack in your system. You can try out AVG or Avast antivirus as they are among the best free antivirus currently available on internet. But if you wish, you can also get the paid version of any other antivirus.

You are trying to listen to the BBC live radio, so a lot depends on the speed of your Internet. If the Internet speed connection is very less, then also you will find it difficult to stream the radio. So, I would recommend you to first of all make sure that the Internet connection which you are using is providing you with enough speed to stream online radio. You should contact your Internet provider and confirm whether it is working perfectly fine or not.

RajSadiee Guest

The compatibility issue might also occur if you are using an earlier version of Mozilla Firefox in your system. So, I would suggest you to make sure that you are using the latest available version of Mozilla Firefox in your system. Visit the official website of Mozilla and download the updated version of Firefox. You can also directly update the Firefox web browser, by starting the web browser and then click on Help option in the main menu bar and finally selecting the Check for Updates option in the drop down list.

I would suggest you to try out some other web browser and check out whether you are able to play the BBC radio live via the Internet connection in your system. You can try out internet Explorer, Opera, Google Chrome or Safari web browser. But make sure that you are downloading the setup for any of these web browsers from their official websites. This will make sure that you are downloading the right file. Also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the following web browsers. In this case you can assure that the browser supports all the latest features.

I also faced this issue initially while trying to play online radio on my Mozilla Firefox 4.0.1 web browser in my Windows Vista running system. But then one of my fried helped me solved the issue. What we did is just cleared the cache and cookies of the web browser. Once you are done with the following, restart your Mozilla Firefox browser and check the difference. This had solved my problem, so I will definitely suggest you to give it a try as I find it to be worth a try.

I also faced similar kind of issue with my Mozilla firefox web browser. In my case the culprit was the Flashblock extension which I was using my browser. So, please check out if any extension is causing the issue in your browser or not. Also I added the official link of BBC to the whitelist and the problem got solved. The problem might also occur if you are using any kind of Adobe Flash Filter. If you are then get rid of it to solve the issue.