Thread: Opera continues to run in background

Opera continues to run in background

I am using Opera 10.53 version and I am satisfied with this browser. It’s a nice browser and I also faster than others. I am using this browser from many months. But suddenly I am suffering a problem with it. I don’t know how but Opera runs continuously even after closing it. Even after closing it uses huge amount of RAM. Is it a serious problem? Does someone else experiencing the same problem then please help and let me know the fix for the same. Would really appreciate it

Re: Opera continues to run in background

Yes, it is widely spoken, but is attacked by fanboys I think. I was operating on multiple computers and have exactly the same problem - the waiting is turned off can be a real pain. I've never been stared at the task manager as much as I did with Opera. The fanboys will tell you to override this and adjust that, but that's not the kind of "out of the box" experience that most newcomers will be used. Just stick with it because its use is as an extension of my fingers. I cannot navigate and zoom changes and mouse gestures and tab and e-mail and read news and download torrent in the same way with a lot of other programs. I just wish that Opera recognizes that there are too many people complaining about this to be a minor issue. It takes a serious look.

Well I think it is related to the amount of paged memory. For instance yesterday I had a session that had been running for a while. I closed all but four tabs but the paged memory remained at 1.2 GB. When I closed Opera, it took half an hour for the process to end because it was slowly releasing the paged memory. If you're at <600 MB or so of paged memory, Opera closes pretty quickly. There's some weird thing where if you go beyond that it takes a really long time.

Opera has some time to write things to disk when you shut it down. However, there is a loss of memory, and finally closing. I've never seen in about 30 minutes, but I've seen it take 6-10 minutes on multiple systems. Mostly has to do with the time you opened the program (and paging happens), but I'm not sure why when you close you can not only paged memory dump that is what is likely to be due to save all the information session I think.

Are you using an administrator account or a non-administrator account? I'm unsure if this failure to execute the process opera.exe Task Manager is in some way due to the limitations of user rights on a non-administrator account, and possibly security issues Win7 management / protection of the Program Files folder. Also, some antivirus, Avira such fact may block the completion of tasks, so it's worth checking. Avira is an advanced option that can be removed.

Well in XP I think I have some success. I backed my profile, expect for the Opera configuration file and then deleted the uninstall folder Application Data and Program Files folder. Since I had been updating from version XP Opera 9x. Reinstalling Opera 11.10, restored the profile data, the performance seems much better memory management and shutdown speeds have improved. If this approach bombing is zero and install the patch that does the update process operates is not clean and introduces severe performance degradation over time. One solution might be to force or the uninstall option in improvements such as VLC does. Well, try this.

I wonder if people cannot kill Opera is running advanced security software. Comodo HIPS and other / etc blocking behavior can be set (perhaps by default, perhaps inadvertently) to protect both the general and cross-memory access between processes, or to protect a special program similar to the protection of AV is given. If you're willing to be adventurous, I would use Killswitch. It will be so much whether something seems to run Malware good to know when things are odd, then many different methods, more aggressive to kill a process