Thread: PHP with IIS 7: FastCGI is running slow

PHP with IIS 7: FastCGI is running slow

recently I have noticed that both sites of mine are seems to running really slow. I have noticed that wait period for the page is seems to be of 30 seconds and more. Let me know whether there is any way to speed up the response of the server. Or I need to upgrade the sever. Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: PHP with IIS 7: FastCGI is running slow

Looking at the situation I wanted to confirm some details which would be useful to figure out the root cause of the problem. Which version of IIS as well PHP do you using? Do you have installed all the necessary updates ? is your machine is using TCP offloading ? which version of the operating system on the computer of yours? Let me know the answers of the above mentioned questions as early as possible.

Well in this particular situation I am suggesting a particular situation I wanted to recommend something which you can use to fix the matter of yours. I let you know that you should try to enable the multiple thread so that you can deal with app pool worker process. If you are not supposed to use the local session state on the server you will be able to run multiple thread. It could be a mini web farm for the single server. So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

I recommend that you should get down the application pool for the particular site. Suppose one site is having really heavy traffic. I have make an update into the fast-cgi module so that you will be handle the maximum instance but in the 20% cases the request was unable to connect with the MySql server. I think I need to increase the maximum number of connection on the MySql server and I am hoping that this particular trick would work for me.

The FastCGI module in the IIS would enable the popular application framework which would support for the FastCGI protocol to be hosted on the web server. So that you will be able to get the quite high performance and reliable way. It is a standard way to interfacing the external application with the web server which supposed to be part of the IIS feature. So you need to configure the FastCGI to get the requirement of yours.

I let you know that CGI program are an executable files which are launched by the web server for each and every request to process the same and simply generate the dynamic responses which are sent to the client. CGI also lets you to execute reliably on IIS by simply executing one request by each process. It seems to be give you poor performance just because of the high cost of the starting and shutting down the process for each and every request.