Thread: How to remove Skype link from contact numbers shown in emails

How to remove Skype link from contact numbers shown in emails

Hello everyone. I have a small doubt and will be glad if someone helps me out solving my problem. I am looking for some solution which could make it possible for me to remove the link of Skype messenger from the phone numbers which are displayed in my emails. Every time I log in to my email account to check mails, I see small Skype icon against the name of the email sender. Although only part of this number is seen and I am not able to read the entire number. So, I just wanted to get rid of this small Skype icon. So, please help me on this issue.

Re: How to remove Skype link from contact numbers shown in emails

The Skype links option which is shown against every user who has integrated their phone number in their Skype account is optional. The user can enable or disable it as per the requirement. The link is shown in your email account, because you might have already installed the Skype plug-in in your web browser. Just disable or uninstall the Skype plug-in/add-on from the web browser which you are using and the problem will be completely solved. Make sure that you are restarting your browser after disabling the add-on/plug-in

If you are using Internet Explorer web browser to view your email account. So, you will need to do the following in-order to disable the Skype plug-in/add-on from the Internet Explorer:
    • Click on Tools on main menu.
    • Click on Manage Add-Ons
    • Select Enable or Disable Add-ons.
    • Finally click on Skype option and then select disable.
    • Restart you browser in order to complete the process.

I am using Mozilla Firefox web browser. So, I can help you in disabling the Skype add-ons from Mozilla Firefox browser. I would recommend you to following the below few steps in order to disable or uninstall Skype plug-in or any other plug-ins from your browser:
    1. Start the Mozilla Firefox browser
    2. Click on the Tools option which you can see on the Main menu which is at the topmost side of the browser.
    3. Select Add-ons option from the drop-down list
    4. Click on highlight plug-in.
    5. Choose Skype and click on uninstall option.
    6. Finally restart Mozilla Firefox.

Guys, you can also get rid of those plug-ins/add-ons with few other procedures. The only issue here is that, you will have to uninstall and then reinstall the Skype messenger in your system. But at the time of install the Skype application, you will have to make sure that you don’t select the option of installing the Skype plug-in/add-on in your web browser. Once you have performed the task as mentioned, you won’t be finding any Skype plug-in in your browser, thus solving your issue.

I have another trick in order to disable the phone numbers to be displayed in your email. But this suggestion is only for Web Developers. This CSS trick will make sure that you completely avoid the “Skype Call” button option in your browser. Just, use the following Meta-tag in order to deactivate the phone number recognition ability in your website or email in your case.
    <meta name="SKYPE_TOOLBAR" content="SKYPE_TOOLBAR_PARSER_COMPATIBLE" />

Thank you, every one of you. All the suggestions were bang on target. I tried everything one after another and every solution seems to be solving my problem. It feels so great after getting my issue solved. I was really irritated with the following issue and really wanted to disable those Skype symbols with phone numbers from my emails. I did not try the last solution, as I did not understood it, as I am not from the developing side. But still, I appreciate the time and effort. Once again, thank you all.