Thread: how to delete duplicate bookmarks on Google chrome?

how to delete duplicate bookmarks on Google chrome?

Hi I have been using Firefox browser since last week, but now I have switched to Google chrome. As I had copied all my bookmarks to my new Google chrome browser, while coping these bookmarks some of the book marks were added twice as it’s been a large collection of bookmarks that can be identified as duplicate bookmarks. I was trying to delete these duplicate bookmarks but was not able to find a way to delete them. Does anyone know how to delete duplicate bookmarks? Please help!!!

Re: how to delete duplicate bookmarks on Google chrome?

Even I have messed up with all duplicate bookmarks on my Google chrome. And I am looking for a similar answer as what you are looking for. Google chrome is a nice browser and works great; you can save the address of any web page in your bookmarks menu and can later open the web page with just a click. But the only problem I found with Google chrome was to browser bookmarks as I have lots of duplicate bookmarks that I am trying to delete, but unable to do so.

There is a simple scanner for your Google Chrome bookmarks. This scanner checks for duplicate bookmarks and all the bad links and gives a report if it finds any duplicate bookmarks or a bad link. You can set a scheduled to run the scanner to scan every couple of days, weeks or months or never. It's like FireFox's "Check Places". The scanner helps you in shorting your bookmarks and browses easily, as there is no option in the toolbar.

You can try Installing "Xmarks bookmark Sync" in your web browser or Install "Bookmark Duplicate Detector 1.0.4 (latest version)" on Firefox. Run Xmarks Bookmarks Sync it No matter if, you are using Firefox browser, internet explorer or Google chrome it will work on all. To delete duplicate bookmarks you’ll need to install Xmarks bookmark sync add-ons in your web browser, and perform sync. Login to your Xmarks account to delete duplicate bookmarks. Then click on “My Bookmarks” link then your bookmark collection will appear. Now can select bookmarks you want to delete.

Even I had similar issue few days back and I had solved it by using “Addon” so even you can try Addon for deleting your duplicate bookmarks. Just export the all the bookmarks to a html file, and then import them to Firefox and use addon, delete the duplicate, and export the bookmarks from Firefox and then import back to Google chrome. Hopefully this will work as it had worked with me. Good luck.