Thread: Need to know about International transaction fee for Skype Auto Refill

Need to know about International transaction fee for Skype Auto Refill

Each instance my Skype auto-refills, my bank charge a small fee to transfer funds to Europe. I understand that Skype is a European company, but there is a way to eliminate the need for an international transaction fee, if I am paying from the U.S.? Is there a place in your mind that I have to change? The fee is silly change, but if I can get rid of it I would try. Tell me about this if anyone knows about it. Thank you.

Re: Need to know about International transaction fee for Skype Auto Refill

U.S. banks have charged a transaction fee of Foreign Exchange (FETF) for the years of your credit (and debit) cards. Each bank has its own policy. Some banks do not charge. Some banks charge a 1%, 2% or 3%. They all differ. Information will be in your card conformity. In recent days, banks have started charging for dealings FETF in U.S. dollars, if the merchant of record is outside the United States even though the transaction is in U.S. dollars. Skype Billing and payment facilities are located in Luxembourg. The FETF cannot be avoided, I fear.

Skype is aware of the pain this is causing its customers and the prospect of trailing some of them, should inform users on the Skype purchase screen which is not based in the U.S., and as the result of recent changes in the load / reports by banks, users may encounter a" transaction fee abroad ", which can range from 1% to 3% at the top of the burden of Skype. Simple and honest. Given the basis of (alleged) of large U.S. customers, Skype must find a way to absorb the cost or tuition reimbursement.

Call it the fault of the bank and the customer's setback. Customers bite the bullet and pay the fee or find a payment method that bypasses the greedy banks altogether. Some customers will start, some screaming, some may even say a bad word or two. The moderators will have the continued strength and patience. I hope that each new month will bring new waves of protests and drew the ire of users who first noticed the charge again and again until the end of time. It would be nice if this could be avoided.

One would think that Skype receive income from both its U.S. customer base would have a U.S. financial institution so that our payments are made within the U.S. Although the FETF banks charge, Skype is aware of it and could do rather to help its huge customer base in the U.S. by establishing a bank account or office in the U.S... U.S. Customers also pay much more for calls than many other countries. From the UK with a number of Skype my friends call me on my land and cell phones for free. I cannot do that from the U.S. or, so obviously there is great revenue collected from U.S. customers.

The balance of my Skype hit 0 today, so I decided to try another payment method to prevent the commission of 3% of foreign transactions. Unfortunately, PayPal now has a policy that if you try to send money overseas, your account is set to "limited access account" status, which means it is locked to make the payments. Therefore, my next choice from my bank debit card MasterCard. Unfortunately, this card was rejected by Skype despite the security checks all passed well with MasterCard. He tried again, just to be safe, and failed again. Option 3 is my other bank card debit Visa. Skype also denied. Therefore, there is no reasonable way to put my money Skype.