Thread: Version number in main.db for Skype

Version number in main.db for Skype

Hello I need help regarding the Skype so please someone help me out in solving the problem. Here I am mentioning about the problem. Please read it and have a look. I need to have help in sympathetic regarding the main.db file. I question at the moment where I can discover the version number? I think it uses the log-Viewer these file? Now I can’t find them, so can someone help me in finding them manually.

Re: Version number in main.db for Skype

I am not certain regarding what you indicate by “version number”. The main.db is a typical SQLite database file. And for your kind information I would like to tell you that Skype is using since its version 4. It includes every chat information, contacts information etc. You can come across through this database by means of any SQLite browser, but nearby is also a definite application, SkypeLogView. It helps in viewing all the Skype sessions data.

You dint get m6y question I think so. Solet me try to clear you. I indicate version numbers. Means for example 4.1.0.179. previous to skypelogview extracts the information on or after the database it wants to ensure this number, or not? someway it contains to different among skype versions which keep the data in .dbb files and those who keep it in the main.db. Sorry I am having bad English so please don’t mind it.

SkypeLogView study the log records formed by Skype, plus present the particulars of all your calls, chat, and transport made by the particular Skype account. You can make the multiple choices from the logs, and then duplicate those to where you want, in the text format. This value works on some version of Windows. No installation of Skype is needed in order to make use of these kind of utility. Only log file created by skype is needed.

To find the log files you need to to just navigate into your computer to find them. You will find the log file into the Skype folder and you will find that folder in the C:\Documents and Settings\Computer Name\Application Data\Skype\Skype User name. And if you are having Windows Vista/2008, the log files you will find under the AppData\Roaming\Skype\Skype User name. Hope this helps you out. Best of luck

I think you want to know how to use the log file. You can use the log file in the following format. any additional dll files are not required for the logviewer. To make use of it you simply start executable file i.e the SkypeLogView.exe The account gets loaded and you can get access to the log file and you can select the multiple contacts from it and save it on to the text file for your reference but you don’t really need to do this .

As per my knowledge you should search on to the internet for the problem you have because I too have not got the question you are asking. But still let me try out to give the solution hope so you can get your problem solved. The Skype will without human intervention sense the attendance of .dbb files and the main.db file in the folder. There is no requirement at all to state version. If still the problem is there then I don’t have any idea about it.

Yes I know that most of you would have not got the question I have asked. Sorry for the inconvience that occuered this is because the English is not my first language. So it’s a bit weak for me. But any ways I would like to say thanks to all those who have replied to the post I have created and thanks one more time because my problem is also solved. Though you all dint get my question but you gave the answer I wanted. Thank you very much.