Thread: CloudMe: Webdav connection with Ubuntu

CloudMe: Webdav connection with Ubuntu

Friends, I am making use of the ubuntu for webdav access but facing some problem with the connection. Actually whenever I try to do that then it failed to connect to the network drive. When I type the username and password to it then it shows me the popup message which says "Forbidden". I don’t have any idea that why this is showing me this message. If anyone of you over here have some idea about this then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: CloudMe: Webdav connection with Ubuntu

Make sure that you are typing your icloud credentials properly like the username with lowercase. So, check for this properly as this can be one of the possible reasons for this. This is the basic mistake that normally people do and get that problem. I hope that you will be out of the issue soon. If that is not the problem then let us know and we will try to give you some other solution for this.

For configuring the WebDAV connection, you will have to be aware the Server Address for your QShare account. This will comprise the URL intended for QShare subsequent to the directory path toward your files on QShare server. If you are not certain of your QShare directory pathway then you should log on to QShare, and look below Bookmarks for path to the Home directory of yours. Prior to you can exercise Web Folders, you will require to set it up. The Network Place Wizard will aid you perform this.

If you discover some documentation how to make a WebDAV connection for the Windows (Windows Vista, Windows 7 and alike) it will all the time come to a group of dialogs you must fill in. But once you don’t desire a persistent connection but just a connection on demand you will not like the general process. Instead it is greatly easier to make a WebDAV connection by means of net use. And if you place it to a batch file you might simply execute it any time you require the connection.

First of all go to My Network Places, and then click Add Network Places that is there on the left sidebar. The window that appears is the Network Wizard Add Sites. Click Next. On the subsequently page, Type the URL for the WebDAV folder inside the Name of Internet otherwise network address and click Next. A window will appear asking for your username and password will appear here. Enter your username and password and click OK. On the next page, type a name for the action - this is the name that will appear in the list of sites in my network. Click Finish on the next page.

Be certain to enter your username and password correctly. WebDAV Mini Redirector cannot accept no for an answer and can continue trying to break up the logic of preventing hackers from getting into the BarracudaDrive ban IP address of your customer. You will receive an obscure error message on the console. You can see where prohibited by attempting to enter using a browser. You can utilize the network drive, as it uses the folder C: \ hard drive as soon as the command completes successfully. This means you can work unswervingly through documents devoid of needing to copy, start computer programs, and go through the Internet.

Many Windows machines contain an error in the authentication process and digest authentication so the procedure will not work. You have the failure of the computer if the "dialogue of the Windows credentials" reappears after entering the username and password correctly. You can avoid this error by assigning the unit from the command line. Please note, if the "Windows credentials dialog" appears again, restart your computer before using the Windows command line. Windows will carry on being unsuccessful if you do not restart. This also applies if you by mistake enter the incorrect credentials.