Thread: Invalid number (#10404) error on Skype

Invalid number (#10404) error on Skype

I just started using SKYPE and purchased skypeout minutes for calling east Africa. I am constantly used to get "invalid number (#10404)" error even though I think the phone # is applicable as because I am able to call it from my landline.
    and I already complain Skype support about this error but was wondering if I will able to get help from some expert person as I am sure that someone might know about this problem or may be some where I am doing wrong. Does anyone know about this so please feel free to share your experience. And I am not getting any problem while calling to other countries, so is there any other procedure for calling in east Africa through. Hoping reply from your side. Thanks in advance.

Re: Invalid number (#10404) error on Skype

As per my knowledge using Skype, I am using Skype from the longer time and this actually not a error but it a called as Skypeout user, whenever you are able to watch ERROR code 10404 on Skype and unable to connect to the dialed number, so there may be two reason as it may be invalid number which your are entering on skype or that number is not Supported by Skype network, so as per my knowledge you will not able to connect to that number, as till now Skype hadn’t include that number in there supportive list.

Yeah this is not a error, it only when you enter a number which is not till not included in the support list of Skype, so either you can mail on official email ID for this number to be get activated for you, and they will reply to you as soon they will permit to call that number for you. And as you will get either mail or called from Skype that now you can have access to that number, so try to call again on it as when I use to call at the range near to Denmark, I had faced the same problem and do the same, what I had mention above. So seriously I have never think that it will work for me but it did, so surely work for you.

I am very well known this issue and realize that Skype does not allows calls to fee stand numbers like the 900's, and number 70's are used for people and organizations who desire to contain a number that is not geographically attached to any area and also does not have any extra charges for the ordinary caller anywhere throughout the world. As till now you have been clear with all the barriers with the numbers, that Skype have and also have less caller ID, so for calling such number you have to be depend on you cell phone or landline to call those number.

Skype use to provide calling on all regular fixed and mobile numbers all throughout the world at super awesome price, as Skype has been used by people as its provide very effective price for calling throughout the world, so it may not be possible to contact most of the premium based numbers and also include some special numbers of selected countries, as for each problem Skype show the different error like #10404, #10484, #10410 #10480 are use to come when there you are dialing a wrong number or if you trying to access the number which are not listed in Skype access list.

Have you try calling the number using the country code or particular state code of the palace, so be confirm and try again dialing the number along the country code and also be sure that you have enter the right number and the county including the code of that area and most the time error happens in Skype not because of listed number but because of problem in the in the network of that area where you want to call, so the simple way is to try again calling after some time and even after that also is you are unable to call that simple post a error report on the Skype support and also on your PSTN dept.

I had found out the problem by discussing with expert and official people of Skype. It happen when the person you had been try for calling have been selected "Ignore if no ID" put to "Enabled" on his phone. As usually Skype utilize an unspecified Call ID, all calls from Skype was use to be blocked. So simply once tell that person to disable that option on his phone. Or there are changes that is happening due to ACR – “Anonymous Call Rejection” or there may be chances that you need to send some kind of code to the operator for disabling it, but when it was happening with me, it was the setting problem in the cell phone of the person.