Thread: no menus on skype

no menus on skype

After initial installation of skype on my laptop, everything was working fine, until I exited Skype, as when I restarted Skype again I found that all the menu items were disappeared from my Skype. And I was also not able to change my profile, was not able to forward call or quit. The only way to shutdown was to end the Skype process in task manager, I even tried restarting my laptop but even that did not work, I am not figure out what is the problem! Kindly share your views ho help me thank you.

Re: no menus on skype

Had you install the Skype properly, as this could be because there might have occurred any problem during installation process! So I would suggest you to kindly uninstall skype and reinstall the file again, kindly note that you don’t get any error while installing the file as an error during installation may cause the same problem again.

Even I am having this same issue with my Skype, after upgraded to the newest version during last week this problem was started. So, I tried reinstalling skype as I thought that it maybe some error in installing process. As after reinstalling, the menus were back. But as I shut down my laptop and restarted it after some time, the Menus were disappeared again. Even I am not able to figure out what is the problem? Can anyone please help me out with this problem?

Kindly use the official version of skype that is in the official ubuntu store, as it includes fixes that aren't included from the skype website, and uninstall skype completely with no file left, reinstall it by typing in terminal sudo apt-get install skype. Then in terminal, launch it by typing: skype, keep the terminal window open as it will produce any error messages occurring while skype is being run. Hopefully this should work. Good luck.