Thread: Wi-fi gets disconnected during video calling using Skype

Wi-fi gets disconnected during video calling using Skype

Hi,
    Whenever I try connecting Skype for making video call my wi-fi connection gets disconnected after 2-3 minute, this happens every time. My system details are, I am using Beetel 450TC1 ADSL2+ router, laptop is of DELL model Inspiron 1545with 3GB RAM, that has built-in camera, microphone & attached speakers, using basic SP2 windows vista as OS, protected by Microsoft Security Essential antivirus. Please advise how to solve this issue!

Re: Wi-fi gets disconnected during video calling using Skype

There can be many issues with your problem, as you said that your WiFi connection gets disconnected when using Skype video calling! There might problem with your wifi connection, have you checked your wifi connection? Kindly check with your wifi connection if the connection is proper or not! Try reconnecting it after conforming all your wifi connection.

I don’t think my ISP has any problem, because its wi-fi that gets disconnected as I have been using the same connection for my other laptop and its working fine with that, I also tried using echo123 (skype test call) and that works properly as that entire test call process lasts for nearly 55 seconds, whereas my connection normally gets crass after 2-3 minutes of usage! I also tried test echovideo123 (video test call) but it always appears to be offline.

I think I know what the issue, as even I used to I suffered with same issue. I think the problem is with Windows XP in combination with a wifi connection. There is a protocol that is for problems with your connections. If you have interference on your wifi connection, many a times the speed slows down. But if Windows wouldn’t checks the speed time to time, the connection might get stuck with a low speed. So it checks time to time and windows searches for the new connection and looks for a faster connection. This is called the Wireless Zero Configuration-service, It is automatically turned on as it needs to establish a Wi-Fi connection. You can turn off his auto check at control panel.