Thread: Skype Contacts not visible

Skype Contacts not visible

I am using live support and I would tell that it is sluggish. My difficulty is that I am not able to spot my contacts. I just had fresh installation of Skype and no contacts were visible in my account. I could only spot 4-5 of them and not more than that. Now I no idea what to do with all the missing contacts. So has any one got the idea how to solve this issue? Thanks to all those who are relying to this post in advance. Hoping for some good replies.

Re: Skype Contacts not visible

First of all tell do you had the back up of your contacts? Do you have any time loaded your account on some different computer then you normally do? If so then you can find all of them over there safe. To do back up you should do the following things detached from internet, then start SKYPE then go to tools/advanced/backup contacts to folder. Then you can restore it back from somethe file you have backed up.

I have the same problem I have recently got a laptop. I forever had the Skype installed on my Now the issue is similar as mentioned above i.e I can witness all of my SKYPE OUT contacts, but I not the normal
    "Skype" contacts I don’t have the back up of it. Because I know that contacts are on server so no need to store it. This is odd. So can any one of you tell me now how to get back the contacts so that I can also be touch with them as I was doing it before.

I can give you the solution to this as I was capable to pull through all my contacts by stopping skype, erasing the local Skype user profile and restart the skype again. To find out your folder you have to navigate throught the following path
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your computer name\Application Data\Skype\ skypename then after doing so you should do the following things as mentioned below.

1. Logout of the Skype you are running
    2. Skype user profile must be removed i.e deleted (full folder)
    3. Restart Skype again and now login and you will find all the contacts
    4. First create the backup copy of the contacts

Wow thank you very much you are really great. I do notknow whether the poster of this thread has solved his problem or not but I can say that I have got my problem solved. I had newly installed the latest version of the Skype but was not able to find the contacts after uninstalling the previous version. But I followed the steps you gave above and it was done for me and got my every contacts back as they were. Thanks a ton.