Thread: Is there any way to switch off dimming of screen when downloading through Opera?

Is there any way to switch off dimming of screen when downloading through Opera?

I do not want dramatic effects, impractical side of my browser. I try to download something and there is tremendous drama. I do not want darkening of the screen! I want to download a file. No need for drama. How do I turn off the attenuation? Otherwise, how I can activate the full attenuation in all cases in Opera wants to reduce my screen for no other reason than I'm supposed to be entertained by stupidity? This feature call is worse than most of the ads.

Re: Is there any way to switch off dimming of screen when downloading through Opera?

Well I have never seen that in Opera. Well as per my knowledge I think you should try opera:config#UserPrefs|DimSearchOpacity. The dimming effect really makes eyes very uncomfortable. Support adding options to switch all of them, as well as alerts and dialogs, off. I don’t know whether this work or not since I have never tried this nut you can have a try and I hope it works fine.

Re: Is there any way to switch off dimming of screen when downloading through Opera?

Downloading the initiation of dialogue (such as JavaScript alerts et.al.) are modal dialogs with respect to the page that appears in. This means that they are the only elements of the chip, which can interact actively with the then time. So it seems perfectly reasonable and really useful to guide the eye to that dialogue. There may be incidents in which you want to submit to the site's content, while the modal dialog is in control - but then the tab is / dimmed / not passed out. If you cannot read anything by regulation, you might want to check the calibration of the contrast and brightness of the screen.

If you go to C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Opera \ skin (or the corresponding for your installation) shadow.png is in a file located inside the folder with the name of skin, inside that folder I have few files one of which for example is standard_skin.zip, I find if I open many folders inside a folder background and inside that folder is seeking shadow.png you can modify to suit. Hope you get what I am telling.

I think it's probably just the zip file everything is in use as the skin, while Opera is open, so whichever current issue of the skin should be done with Opera closed. Or you can just copy the zip file, do what I wanted to do edit copy, and rename the zip if you want to keep both your editing and original. So next time you restart Opera has released the skin appear in the menu selection from the skin along with the others already have.

Close Opera, place file within the appropriate directory, drag and drop the image to edit, edit it, save it, drag and drop back into the archive replacing the existing file, close WinRAR (or equivalent). And as stated you can always make a copy if you like. Well I have never tries this since I didn’t have any such problems nut you can try it and I really hope it works. If works then do reply it may help others.

Not sure editing is going to work anyway, at least shadow.png. Based on the original suggestion ("Removing shadow.png or what is fully transparent in its skin.zip / backgrounds / must do"), I tried to delete shadow.png Zip file of the skin and even after restart Opera, still get the attenuation of the download window focus. I have not tried to edit shadow.png to be transparent, but its removal has not worked, I'm thinking it cannot be the correct image file for editing.