Thread: Can we open a tab to active the "new tab" button in Opera?

Can we open a tab to active the "new tab" button in Opera?

Hi friends I am using the latest version of Opera from many days. When the Open new tab next to active option is enabled, if you click on the "next tab" button, the new tab should be opened at the most right position instead of next to the active tab. I think this is the expected behavior of the "new tab" button. Whether this can be done or not? Please need suggestions as soon as possible because I just want to try this.

re: Can we open a new tab to active the "new tab" button in Opera?

Well I am not getting you. What exactly you are trying to do. You're not making sense. "Open new tab next to active" is telling Opera to open fresh tabs next to the current active tab. If you don't want that behavior then don't select it. You can do it remember don’t make a mess with your browser. The reason I am telling this because it may cause some errors to your browser and won’t work.

Consider a case that you have a tab open and want to open links in a tab next to it, so you select the "Open new tab next to active" option. This function works as desired, opening new tabs next to your active tab. However, if you have this option selected and you press the "+" button on the bar for a new tab, it pops up next to your active tab, not at the far right of all current tabs. The OP is saying that this is confusing and doesn't logically follow the visual layout of the new tab button, and I agree.

From the user perspective, opening a new tab is a completely different operation than opening a child tab by clicking on a link on the parent tab. Child should be next to parent. Completely new tab should be to the end, because it's not related to the active tab in any way. That's actually what makes more sense. Opera developers should spend some more time on such issues. The user perspective is the most important. My problem is that sometimes I do want to use the "Open new tab next to active" choice. It would be fine if one could achieve it just by pressing shift while clicking on link.

Re: Can we open a tab to active the "new tab" button in Opera?

Tab Stacking is a great feature and could be used to group child tabs opened from links on the parent tab. But maybe extension can do that? I think what Opera doing right now is OK is, maybe add an option to exclude separate new tab from the behavior will make many people happy without piss-off those who like the current behavior. Well it’s my opinion after all and I think that this should really happen.