Thread: Skype status won't change to Away

Skype status won't change to Away

For a few months I've noticed my Skype status will not change by far after five minutes, as is supposed. I checked my options and still ready to switch off after five minutes, I tried to reinstall Skype, using Skype on another computer, and the problem lasted until I had to reinstall the operating system. Therefore, there is a problem of my computer, but Skype. I think it's a compatibility issue with Windows 7. Has anyone else had this problem?

Re: Skype status won't change to Away

I have the similar difficulty within Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. I have as well the difficulty that my online status is not on our website and I'm running Skype on top of Windows 7. Skype installed resting on PCs through Windows XP works well through the "distance" and state "online". Does this employ in favor of someone through Windows 7? I installed the most up-to-date version and still have the difficulty. (4.1.0.179 in Win7 64 bits).

'Away' is still a form offline, and online statistics do not differentiate the same applies to not disturb and even invisible, but I'm not sure about the latter. I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but the "new" default for new installations is to establish the 'Away' time zero (0), which disables the function. The issue that some users are taking place after upgrading from previous versions where the default is 5 or 10 minutes (been so long I do not remember) the update behavior may depend on whether the major defect was changed its default value.

I notice this difficulty all the time through my family and friends. They utilize XP and comprise the similar difficulty. It appears that each through the most up-to-date version has this difficulty one technique or an additional. In which they live, so all the time, never get to 'Away'. I also see people who just log in and are already in 'Away' even though you just connect to your computer 5 seconds ago. This seems to happen now with all the people in my contact list.

Do not install the beta, nevertheless I found the answer someplace within the forum (however lost the link while). For several reasons subsequent to changing and saving the amount of time twice to obtain effect. Anyway, the trick is you have to go to Tools-Options and after that from there modify the option away rather additional than the default of 5 minutes and afterward save. Once you done with it then Reopen the Tools-Options and modify the time out back to 5 minutes (or I guess any amount of time of your choice can work as well) and save.

Hi thanks for your prompt response to my query. As for Skype not being able to replicate this at home, probably something to do with all the teams are in a domain and permits / policies that apply. Normal users like me are "limited" accounts with the UAC. You could be established as absolute administrators. The problem has been plaguing my friends one by one. At this time, all 15 to 20 of my friends are always away or out of it before.

Do not make use of the automatic distance however I was probing so I tried to experiment by it. It seemed toward work; however that did somewhat astonished me. What surprised me is that the timer will show me as away after the interval. While I'm not doing anything on my PC, not just Skype. If I leave the PC completely alone and the timer sets off my condition, all I have to do is move the mouse and poof. I'm back online. Even Skype is not within the forefront possibly that's the technique it forever worked and is hypothetical to work, however I had assumed that "inactive" means some activity within Skype.