Thread: Please help: Opera is not allowing me to type anything

Please help: Opera is not allowing me to type anything

I had a search but could not find anything related to this. Just started the other day, but occasionally I'll try to write something on a web page or address bar but not write anything. The cursor appears, but just sits there blinking. The only way I found to solve it is by shutting down Opera and then open it again. This creates another problem in that when I try to open it again tells me that another opera still works. I tried pressing the retry button, but did not work. I ended up going into the Task Manager and end there before I could start again. Has spending a couple of times since. Need help.

Re: Please help: Opera is not allowing me to type anything

Well I haven’t seen something like this. Although I have never experienced such kind of problems. This basically should not happen. Thus I think something is definitely corrupted. Well I don’t have any perfect solution for this since I have heard this for the first time so I would prefer you to delete all the cookies and cache from the tools. I hope you know how to do this. Other steps can be taken, see how you go. I'm sure someone else will offer other options.

As for having to close the process operates in the Task Manager, Opera does some house cleaning when doing a normal exit, depending on the time that has been open as many tabs, etc. are not documented and not well understood, but may take a few minutes. But no problem killing the process if you're in a hurry all you could lose as much as I know is any history of downloads in the download manager since its last reboot.

However, there has also been numerous information of very slow shutdowns and failed shutdowns where the process never closes. If you are noticing either of those, then AFAIK this. Regarding the irregular cursor, but can't type, does it make any difference if you switch to a different Opera window or tab or even another application then return to the one where you're trying to type? Just try this and see what happens.

I had the same problem, intermittently, with "clean" installs of Opera 11.01, 11.10 and the PortableApps version of Opera. I say clean in quotes because I care notes, bookmarks and mail, but I noticed the lack of response from the same opera to write anything in the search boxes I have in the panels. Does the fact that I have files larger than 3 MB of notes and bookmarks, for example, can be a problem? Just check this out. Something similar happens, though having less time to return alive, trying to access the corrections dictionary while writing a text box like this.

I'm running on Win Xp 11.11 and have had this issue crop up a lot recently. It occurred to me twice in the last minute. My solution is to close Opera and then kill the process in task manager. Prerelease and let Opera to continue. Opera collects right where he lost his mind, but now you can enter text in input fields. No matter if you press forward or backward, changing focus, changing the tabs, when you decide to go to sleep, which affects all pages. Even if you try and open a new page, all text input is ignored. The only way to get it working again is to close and pre-release.

Quick update since it just happened again. I can type data in other applications and use CTRL-C to copy but not CTRL-V to paste. Right click and paste does work. Drop down menus work. Shutting down Opera doesn't. You have to kill the process in task manager. Prelaunch and click on Continue from last time and everything seems to be working again. I hope at least this may solve your problem. All the best!