Thread: 5.3 callto: URL and Command Line Fails of Skype

5.3 callto: URL and Command Line Fails of Skype

Are you the Skype user? If yes then by now you must have came to know about the problems in it. I got the 5.3 but making use of URL callto:// and command line switch /callto:"number" is not working in to it. as an alternative of it, A browser window is being launched. I have got no clue what’s happening to it. I also tried to reboot and see but dint work also tried it by reinstalling it but still it fails! Have any one got the solution?

Re: 5.3 callto: URL and Command Line Fails of Skype

Yes I have also figured out the same or the similar kind of problem in this new version of the Skype. So you are not alone who have got this kind of problem. You know when I tried to use the callto in address bar at that time Internet Explorer opens up the new window and keeps it. So as I just need the Skype too much I have to just switch to the older version and get it started again in the older version.

Yes I also think the new version has got the problem into it and it needs to be solved as soon as possible. If anyone has got the correct solution for it then do post it over here. I doubt that it will be fixed soon and it will take much longer time to get fixed so unfortunately we have to again switch to the older version instead of the new one. I am not sure but you can also try using skype:username or skype:phone_number in the place of the callto://

I am also in the same boat as you are traveling. Have to face some problem regarding the same. I think the new thing is just the shit. And I am going to talk to the concern person regarding this and try to find out the solution for it. Hope so there needs to be some setting to be done regarding it but I haven’t found out any on to the internet. So current I cannot use the Skype and if the bug is not solved out I too have to switch to the 5.1

Yes thanks to lead us from the front and taking the charge to talk to the concerned authority, do let us know soon regarding this issue. I am sure that this must be costing the Skype luck in the calls that are transferred it to the other ways round. I am also sure that they must also be aware about it and trying to solve them. There is an alternative method that can be provided by the Skype4com. You can use it as an alternative.

Yes I am sure that Skype is going to provide us with the solution but I was surfing on the net and I found something. I have not tried it yet but may be it works. I have read that SKYPE advise this modify for the problem so please try it out. In your hyperlink section you have to do some changes and it will get solved, You have to simply replace "callto:" by "skype:" and your problem will be solved. Best of luck.

I think whatever you read was just the peace of crap and nothing else. It is just fake and it does not worked for me. I tried the changes you told and replaced "callto:" by "skype:” but it ultimately produces the identical results i.e it is failing and nothing else. I have also searched on the internet and I would tell I have come accroced some of the peace of crap which dint work. So can anyone provide the real solution?

Oh I did not know that these many people traveled with me in the same boat. I mean I thought it was the problem only with me and I was scared but now I am confident that something is wrong in the Skype itself and I don’t need to worry about it. I would like to thank all the people who have tried different research and development things and tried to solve the problem but I am still waiting for the correct solution.

I think the Skype people are just trying to ignore the problem or they are just taking too long to give the solution for it. So we should only try to figure out some solution for the existing problem. I have got something to say hope so it helps you out. You can use some Perl that is used to handle the callto: as of a browser as an alternative to the skype.exe. It does the labor work of altering the URI, clear up the number, and making call to the Skype straightly. And you can also compile it to an EXE making use of the ActiveState's perl dev.