Thread: unable to Install Skype.

unable to Install Skype.

Hello, since I had updated my Skype it has stopped working then after, so I thought of removing it and reinstall it. But when I m trying to install it I am getting an error message as “Could not open key: UNKNOWN32\.skype\Skype.Content\ShellNew. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel. As after clicking on “Ok” option I again get an error message as “Installing Skype failed; code 1603 A fatal error occurred during installation.

Re: unable to Install Skype.

What version were using before updating Skype on your computer? And to which version you had tried updating it? Were you able to use your Skype properly before updating it? As it my be possible that there might have occurred an error while updating the version of your Skype! As I would like to suggest you to kindly uninstall the firmware of your Skype and try reinstalling it, with the latest version of the Skype’s firmware. Hopefully it will work.

While updating Skype your firewall might have got updated as well. Kindly Exit/Close your existing Skype by clicking in system try Skype icon and click on “Quit” option, now try opening firewall in programs and delete Skype. Run Skype and allow it connect, disabling external firewall it will enable XP firewall by default. So as when you disable any other firewall your connections will be blocked by XP firewall. So kindly remove Skype from XP firewall program list as well

Thank you very much for giving your replies, as you said I tried to deleting every file from skype and clear outing the registry, but it didn’t help. I tried to install the latest version of Skype but I used to get th e same error message again and again, so I thought to install the older version, as even when I tried to install the old version, it says that I already have the newer version installed. Can please help me in solving this problem?

I am sure this solution will defiantly work, kindly download the latest version of Skype , and start installation it, as you might the same error message as before, so when u get the Error message DONT CLOSE IT! go to the installation directory there you would be able to see a folder called 'phone' and there u will find the skype.exe. copy this exe and close the Error message, as the installation will abort/reset, but now u can start Skype with your skype.exe Hope this will help you in solving your problem.