Thread: Skype Account has Hacked!

Skype Account has Hacked!

I have an id on Skype and it has just got hacked. I am shocked to see the email I received from them. It also cost me $80 from my paypal account. When I saw the history I was shocked to see the records. The calls were made to the Egypt and England. I have never faced this problem before so can anyone help me out regarding the same and solve out my problem. Can I get my money back? What should be done?

Re: Skype Account has Hacked!

Yes I also faced the same problem two days back I don’t know how my account got hacked. I dint knew that Skype is also unsafe to use and it cost me $98. I am also very much shocked and have launched the complain and have sent the email to the Skype regarding the same. And will be calling directly to the staff over there if I don’t get the reply by mid night. You also call the customer service and launch your complain.

I am sure that the Skype people will not response you back. If they do then I am sure that you are some gifted guy. I am telling so because I had launched one complain one month back and still I am waiting for their response. And to answer your question I am sure that there is no mechanism by which the Skype people will refund you the money back if you are the victim of the account hacked. I read it on their website.

Skype is easily prone to get hacked. It is the favorite place for the hackers to try hacking. I have seen many many of my friend and others becoming the victim of it and their problem being not solved. Your account gets hacked because of the weak password. So you should keep the strong password as possible and log out when you close it. Your password should be at least 8 characters in length and it should be complicated and not easy. And keep on changing every month.

Yes I think the Skype is 100% unsafe to use. I was also the victim to it and my account was being hacked and I had cost me around 150 US$. It is too much costly. As I am staying near to the Skype office I went there immediately and had a nice fight with them. But As someone mention they will not respond you properly and getting the money back is just the dream So ultimately I had to quit my account.

Yes you are right I have never seen such a bad customer service ever in my life I had launched the complain 15 days back and have not been yet responded. I don’t know who hacked my account but when I referred the history it came in the language I dint know. My friend told me it was Arabic language and also gives no guarantee that after changing the password it won’t get hacked again.

First of all I would like to thank all the people who have commented and shared their painful experience with all of them. When I also saw the history it was in Arabic too. So I am sure that the Skype people are going to take pain to track the hackers and try to solve out the 1000’s of people problem. After reading the replies I have decided that I am going to quit my account and look for some safer messanger.

Yes this is the worst thing I have come crossed over the years. I dint know that Skype was so unsafe. Till now I have not been the victim of the hackers on the Skype and before I get prey to it I am going to take some actions so that it does not get hacked because I have lots and lots of balance remaining in to it. And after I finish the balance I am going to some new messanger. Till then all of the non victims make your password very strong.