Thread: On every login Skype loses settings

On every login Skype loses settings

While I found several threads slightly in relation to this issue, none of them seems exactly right. Using a clean installation of Windows XP Skype (several versions of Skype, together with the presently released 4.2.0.152 a small number of weeks ago, however I remember this as far back as 3.8.). Following several weeks, Skype not remember customizations, not simply the audio settings; however my login information, configuration of sight ("covenant," etc.). On one occasion this happens every time you boot the computer, Skype still starts automatically, however I do not register automatically, and after that I comprise to reconfigure the audio and display selection.

Re: On every login Skype loses settings

Hello some day before I was facing similar kind of issue and according to my knowledge uninstalling and re-installing Skype does not solve the difficulty. I contact with the skype support for this issue and then they told me to delete every registry entries called "Skype" after that reinstall. And then I observe again and its works for me. Please try this I am sure this will help you to solve your issue. Please let me know it’s helpful for you or not thank you.

Hello according to my experience your configuration file is corrupted. So you have to obtain a new one for that you have to exit Skype and then again start it and the run it. Once you run it after that type %appdata%. Then it will open a skype folder then you have to find Config.xml file. So delete this file and for another time restart skype and after that fill in your account data. Once you done with it then you will get new configuration file without any error message.

I am questioning to be acquainted with if you obtain better results if you attach the /removable switch toward the command line that starts Skype during a shortcut. As a result as an alternative of the objective within the shortcut proverb "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe", it be supposed to as an alternative state "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /removable. So please check it I am sure it will help you thank you.

After searching about this on internet I have set up an explanation that looks as if to have fixed it for me. I comprise installed the application on top of my D: drive as it the superior partition, however it turns out Skype doesn't approximating to be somewhere apart from the C: drive. I uninstalled, deleted the entire Skype orientation from the registry, restarted and reinstalled on top of the C: and it at the moment seems to employ. I hope it helps.

Hi thanks for your replies I have tried all these options, but I am still not able to fix this problem. Basically fixed once and after that is not going to save my settings again. I deleted the Application Configuration folder, uninstall, remove all the registry settings for Skype and reinstalled. I still cannot remember my settings. I have to reboot each time you restart the application. How difficult is to write the configuration to a text file and save it? This is not an exact science!