Thread: Opera 11.10: Speed Dial 2.0

Opera 11.10: Speed Dial 2.0

I just restructured my Opera to 11.10 version but I have a trouble with the speed dial. Previous the speed dial's screen shots shows the complete page in small, but currently the majority of the page's shot are just a little fraction of the page's for. E.g. it illustrates just a little logo in big. It's too strange for me. What can I do? I would like to put this pictures as I like them; screening the full screen in smart picture. But I couldn't stumble on the solution. Please help me.

Re: Opera 11.10: Speed Dial 2.0

I was utilizing Speed Dial greatly with a grid of 12 columns and 8 rows, and setting up on expanding the grid. With Speed Dial 2.0 this kind of grids unluckily are not likely because the least zoom level for thumbnails has been enlarged. The bigger thumbs cause big grids to not fit on the screen any longer. At present no known way out or workaround to this trouble exists. I think that allowing (once more) for a lesser zoom level of down to 20%, would previously solve this trouble.

At present, Speed Dial 2.0 cannot utilize a zoom of below 50%. The slider in the configuration dialogue prevents at this value. In opera: config, it is likely to enter lesser values, but they have no result. As a result, the dials are currently bigger than in the earlier edition of Speed Dial. As they take up additional space on the screen, just a smaller number of them can be displayed without scrolling. Thus, users which had big grids of dials are currently facing an update later than which they cannot notice all of their dials at a glance any longer.

This would as well work well collectively with the latest feature of displaying icons in its place of screenshots in the thumbnails. Icons are well visible at sizes far below the current 50% limit, so there is no insight-based necessitate imposing the present size level on them. A big grid with icons, well prearranged in the 2d space that Speed Dial provides, would In My modest Opinion not just recover the functionality vanished from the old Speed Dial, but would exceed it in terms of competence and cleanliness.

Before some time I thought that it would be great to have a capability to place widgets on the Speed Dial and currently when the page novelists can make their own dials and selected how they should seem like (exhibiting latest article titles/ events) it’s quite close to the widget thought. As for focusing to the page logos initially I didn't like it but currently I think it’s a great future. People have their patterns and it’s tough to change them.

I would be well if they set a choice in Opera: config so that there is a choice for the 'old style' speed dial. As any more 'heavy user' I am currently unable to accurately spot my 45 speed dials on both my 1440 by 900 and my 1280 by 800 laptops. Obviously this could be prepared in the present new way be allowing the gaps between every dial to be shrunk and the big gap at the top to be detached. One nice point is that new users as well now know you can have extra dials though zoom well under 50% is certainly required.

I do not usually scam with unclear settings that necessitate strange and wonderful Masonic type scripts to discover gobbledygook descriptions concealed behind a wall of befuddlement for the fun of it; I utilize things as they come. Are rollback, remove, and dispose of any clearer. The Vanillia not swindled with, out of the factory edition lacking all the bells and shrills. I am not a programmer. I am a User I necessitate simple buttons for easy choices.

Certainly it is simply done in view of any comments all the time assumes a certain level of awareness so as not to be drawn out as prearranged. The old style speed dial would all the time zoom to fit in x column by y rows. So I had 8 columns by 6 rows that were agreeable to the eye. The latest style for me has 7.5 columns by 5 rows noticeable with the 6th row handy by scrolling down. I have other points but I will just call it a day and abscond it at that.