Thread: Content blocker blocks content on certain sites with Opera

Content blocker blocks content on certain sites with Opera

Friends, my content blocker (urlfilter.ini) is having the entry *://ads.* which is very helpful. But there is one problem with that. Actually it blocks many contents on the pages of some of the sites like pgatour.com. I can see that most of the area of the news articles become blank and if I need to make that visible then I have to disable the content blocker. I cannot understand that how can I avoid this problem. Please help me to resolve the issue.

Re: Content blocker blocks content on certain sites with Opera

I would like to tell you that this is the bug since many of the sites while adding the filters in the pages comes into view regardless of changes. So what you can try to do is just clear the cache of your computer and after that start the Opera browser again. When you will do that then it will add blocking changes to come into view. So you should try this and see what it can do for you. Reply with the result of this. I hope this will resolve the issue.

Which version of the opera are you using in your computer? I think that you are having some earlier version of it and so you are getting the issues like this. So my suggestion to you is to search for the latest version of this on internet and download it to your computer. Install that. Before installing it, you should remove the existing one from your computer. Newer version of the opera may resolve the issue for you. Good Luck!!!

Content filter keeps the track of the whole Internet traffic as well as blocks the access to websites with the files consistent with the selected filter. The requested web pages are shown only if they fulfill with the particular filters. Companies can limit URL's otherwise keyword matching websites to guarantee competent and suitable internet browsing. Music files with entertainment applications can as well be aborted as of being downloaded even as incoming as well as outgoing cookies are filtered.

I considered that you were having difficulty in adding a few sites. Make sure that you are adding “www” as per doc. This is equipped to you if you do not require to register the Zywall but you ought to recognize Zyxel will not credit your warranty if anything occurs through the firewall. About the content Filter, you can pledge to the liberated one for six months and if you choose it's not for you then end there. They will not compel you to pledge.

I suppose the content filter list subscription thingy that comes for 6 months free and after that make use of "Icard" to disburse the once a year payment. Therefore, theoretically, the capacity is resident in the router and will always be valid when last updated. I do not know if there is a handbook method of updating the content filter list further than the finishing date, ie devoid of the subscription service. In some case it is to divide what I can perceive domain as well as keyword blocking.