Thread: Is opera 11.10 uses websites with certificates ?

Is opera 11.10 uses websites with certificates ?

Hey hi I was using the browser called opera and recently I have updated it to the latest one that’s 11.10 but since I done that I am getting problems with some of the websites as they all need the security certificates for running, but when I was using the previous browser, I had downloaded the certificates for that, and now when I go to that websites I didn’t get any popup through which I can select the certificates, and thus I have to enter my username and password every time I logged in, so is there any way to resolve this, or I have to switch to firefox or some others.? Thanks.

Re: Is opera 11.10 uses websites with certificates ?

If you just feel bother about the one than I would you should stick with the previous version only, as I don’t know whether we can use that certificate with the versions that you have mentioned, thus I would say you should use the previous version only, and this is the best thing that you already have the certificated thus you can use them also, and really they haven’t include any such features in the new one, so you can continue with previous one.

No I would say you can download the certificates for the newer version also from the internet, I don’t know that you’ll get that for free or you have to pay some amount, but after installing this root certificate, you can access all those authentication conscious websites. And I have heard about the SSl certificates more, thus would recommend you the same to download, and I don’t know how to install them but if you search it on the internet you’ll get the proper stepwise procedure for installation.

Hey thanks guys for the prompt reply, as I have tried to import those certificates but it seems I cannot use them so far, I have tired almost all the possibilities but didn’t get any solution, rather I have decide to work with Mozilla firefox only, but if suppose I get such a root certificate for the newer version, how do I install them and then use them? I don’t know how to use them, as I can use them same as I done before with the previous certificates?

I don’t know how you had used those certificates, but I would like to tell you how to install the certificate in the newer version. at the present time SSL certificates are broadly used for individual recognition, thus I would say you should download them first and then in the browser click on the setting option in the menu bar, and then select the name called preference. Or you can directly open that by pressing ctrl+f12. After that you’ll get the window in that select the very last tab called advanced where you will find the option called manage certificate, and from there you can import the one that you have downloaded. And you can also give them password security also. I hope this would work.