Thread: Opera cache utilizes above 2GB

Opera cache utilizes above 2GB

Hi, I use opera for browsing the internet, but I am not getting why it is the only browser who utilizes the cache up to 2 GB, I know some of the obvious reasons, but still even if we didn’t concern them I am still getting the same problem, and because of that only I getting to many problems like another programs doesn’t work perfectly, I mean to say the opens very slow, what can I do next to prevent this? Can we set the cache size according to our convenience? Thanks for suggestion.

Re: Opera cache utilizes above 2GB

There are several rationale that can cause the same problem. And that’s good as you know some of the reasons including the disk cache size which is very obvious off course, after that the Number of tabs open and the quantity of records that they enclose, and the turbo which is the main utility in the browser that utilizes too much cache, while it is being enabled. And after all this is also depends upon the version that you’re using, I would say there are too many bugs with 11.11, if you have the same, you should try another one.

The cache size varies always I mean to say if you are saying like your browser uses constantly the same amount of cache, then I would say this is wrong, actually the cache depends upon many factors like what application you are using, and after that the files that you are accessing, In other words there are different cache size is allocated to different activities, like if you are watching any media content say video on the page, then off course no doubt the cache utilization would be high.

Off course you can set the cache size for your browser, and it is best practice to do that. if you want to do it, I can recommend you some steps you can follow that first of all you have to click on the tools menu from the tool bar, and then select the options which will come after you click the precious one, follow the names I have mentioned, Preferences >> Advanced >> History, I would suggest you that you should put the cache size to be upper so that additional data can be repossess from cache only and not from outside apparatus.

There are certain limitation also in this, you should take of that also, such as if suppose if you set the larger cache size, it might actually slow down the older system, in general I would recommend like the user who had a older systems they should set their disk cache to 2MB and the and memory cache to automatic or if suppose you want to set it manually then 4 MB would be convenient. Remember one thing a extremely huge cache might as well cause Opera to take longer to launch.

To prevent these either you can set your own convenient size or you can have to control over access to such a pages that contains large or rather I would say the rich media content, but according to me you should set the size, this would be more effective rather than to have control over browsing. And I would say why you are bothering about this browser, as there are many bugs with this, why don’t you try Mozilla firefox,?