Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-06-2011

CPU usage became 100% after opening the Opera 10.52

Hi, I have a desktop on which I am running windows 7, and have the rig as follows like 2 GB of RAM, 160 GB HDD, and G31 MOBO, I tend to use internet on that, and I have installed the browser called opera 10.52 in the my desktop, but since I had installed that browser, I have seen that the CPU usage became 100% after sometime say after 5 to 10 minutes. And because of that I am unable to use other programs, and if suppose I try to use then forcibly, the windows gets rebooted. So what could be the problem? Anyone has any idea about this?
Old 19-06-2011

Re: CPU usage became 100% after opening the Opera 10.52

I would say the RIG that you have mentioned seems very poor, as you have installed windows 7 along with that, thus I would say you should first of all check no other unnecessary program is running with the browser, because this can cause this kind of problems. because as far as I know this browser is very light weight, and doesn?t consumes this much of CPU. Thus first of all make sure that you don?t have any other uncertain process running with it.
Old 19-06-2011

In fact I have the same view as the above user, as this is not just because of the browser only, or if suppose this is just because of the browser only, then I would say you should uninstall the one that you have and install the fresh copy of the new browser in the machine, I bit sure that this is not because of the browser, but still if suppose this is because of that only, then surely re-installation may fix the problem.
Old 19-06-2011

Ok, you can follow this, you should attempt to remove or moving operaprefs.ini file to another location, and this files you can find in the directory \profile\ folder, by doing these, you may lose some settings that you have made in the browser, but I am sure that you?ll get out of rid. But I would say the same as above user, like this is not just because of the browser, you might have some files missing from the windows files that causes such a problems.
Old 19-06-2011

It might be possible that the browser that you are using is being corrupted and because of that some of the file utilizes more CPU. I would say you should try to reinstall the same browser or I would say why don?t you use another browser. As there are many browser that you can use, I would say Internet explorer would be best for you. I am sure about like somewhat is apparently extremely incorrect with your setup.
Old 19-06-2011

See this is not regarding the problem but still I want to recommend you that you should install the previous version of operating system only, as the windows 7 need great amount of memory to use. Whereas you have only 2GB, which is according to me is not sufficient, yeah off course you can install the windows and can use also, but as you open any big application, it will utilize more CPU and you won?t be able to do anything apart from that. and this is the same as you have mentioned. The problem is not because of the browser but because of your lower RIG.
Old 20-06-2011

one of the best option would be like you should use the another browser apart from these, and let me tell you that if you?re scared about the setting, and the bookmarks and the histories, you can simply restore them or rather I would say you can import them to another browser. So you should use the default browser that is provided by the windows 7. Or I would say, close all other alternative activities while you open the opera for browsing. Or this might be the problem in the version that you are using, you should can try some other version also.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,