Thread: Unable to use “Paste and GO” URL in search bar in Opera 11.10

Unable to use “Paste and GO” URL in search bar in Opera 11.10

I am using Windows XP on my desktop and I have installed Opera browser in it. last week I upgraded my Opera to 11.10. in the last version when I have some website address in the clipboard, and when I want to search the phrase say www.opera.com in google then , I always use “Paste and go” method and google does find the results for me. But ever since I have upgraded it to 11.10 I found that when I paste the URL in the search using google, it always treat as it as a URL and takes me to the URL www.opera.com . the issue is I pasted in search bar and not on the address bar.

re: Unable to use “Paste and GO” URL in search bar in Opera 11.10

I found that, this issue was found after the release of the new updates, as the changes made on the google pages were triggered it to this. So I think that this is the issue only with the newer updates from the opera. I was using Opera 10, I didn’t find any of these issues in that. I was very happy using that and now I am not satisfied after updating it to the newer version of Opera. I hope the google and Opera team fix this issue as soon as possible.

I too see that, I saw that google has a suggestion feature that does not corporate for each Google search page. I found that you can use disable the suggestion feature of the search engine from the preference pane or you can also disable the JavaScript. Which I thing will not suggest you for any of the matching phrases that you have placed in the search bar. For me Turing off the suggestion feature worked well. I hope this might also work for you.

Try to clean your system for any of the registry errors if it has. Just download any registry repair tool or you can also download CCleaner and make a complete registry scan. After you done with it just click on fix button to fix the issues and reboot your system. After rebooting now you can open your opera browser and try to search for any of the phases you want and the select on “paste and go”. I think it was because of the registry errors then it must fix the issue.

From two days after updating the Opera I am also facing the issue so I had reported a bug to the Opera team. They replied that there is a bug in the goggle coding for integrated with opera after the latest release. They replied that google had said them that It is difficult for google team to say that when they can resolve the issue, but they are trying to solve this issue as soon as possible and make it instant for other browsers also.

You can also try the phrase that you want in other search engines, if it is working very well then there must be a problem with the Opera’s latest release. So if you find the same issue with other search engines also then try to use any lower versions of the Opera browser in which you were not facing any problem. Or else wait for some time till the google or Opera fixes this issue and make a new release of it. Till then stick on to your old updates which you were using.