Thread: Url Rewrite gives error when used with SharePoint 2010

Url Rewrite gives error when used with SharePoint 2010

Me and my friends have started a small company of our own and we have started creating websites for our client, along with we also do some kind SEO work as we want our customer s to get the best results after we finalize our product, but recently when we tried to re-write the url of the same we got an error message and we all failed tore-write it. I hope to receive some help from you guys as there we are new into this field and we don’t know much about this.

Re: Url Rewrite gives error when used with SharePoint 2010

Are you using that in a SharePoint environment 2010, and what server are you guys using with it, I need to tell you that IIS server does not support url re-writing and that could be a problem. So suggest you to change your currently working server to apache server or a similar server which provides a support for URL re-writing .I suggest you to follow this steps and then see if that s works for you, I hope that helps you out .

I tried your method and that worked for me it worked great actually we created a proxy server and ran the apache server with it , and that in addition created several redirects as we have a half dozens of proxy here in our office so it took some time to pass on through every layer .But now we are facing another problem that we cannot connect the same using the SharePoint designer through the entry site . Any suggestions ?

I think the changes that you have made previously caused this error it may be that your URL rewrite that you have recently done either cannot handle the WebDAV. I suggest you to check that out and then configure it accordingly so that it gives you no more errors .Also post back the errors that you are getting after correcting the same. I guess that would help you out. Is that a random error or a custom error?

As long as I have been in this field and I have known this I have don‘t think that it was an error caused by the URL re-write Module that works for the WebDAV request. I think it s a more an error that is caused by the rules and the policy that have been set by you for routing the proxy server. I also suggest you to post back you error so that expert user can suggest you some suitable answers for this as many of us use SharePoint it may give you a valuable suggestions

I have searched high and low on the internet for the same problem but I never reached a stage where I was satisfied with the performance of the URL re-direct code that was written by me, there are many forums site there on the internet but, I guess none of them provides me with an accurate details about how to fix the errors occurring in the SharePoint. I wish there was a simpler way out to solve this problem

I think the problem is more on caused due to the compression that you have made while doing the URL re-writing , firstly I need to ask you if you have a dynamic and static compression enabled on you SharePoint application that you are using then disable them and then try using it. Actually as far as I have been and seen through such problem I think that is the issue caused by the dynamic compression you can also check the official IIS site for further details about dynamic compression.

thanks for the replies that I have got form you guys I think that was a problem more from my side as I did not installed them properly and that caused an error when I ran my codes through it and the as I did not knew about the corrupt sharepoint installation before I wan not able make the error and that causedme to post this here well I have now gained so many experience now that I can troubleshoot it even with I have a problem