Thread: Mozilla Firefox freezes while starting iCloud

Mozilla Firefox freezes while starting iCloud

Hey guys I am running Linux i686 (GNOME) in my system. Recently I created an account in iCloud after reading about it on Internet. I am using Mozilla Firefox web browser in order to access iCloud. But lately, I have been noticing few issues while accessing iCloud using my Mozilla Firefox browser. It has started freezing. I am unable to rectify the actual cause of this issue. Does any know what must be causing this unusual freeze? Please help me by posting your quality suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Re: Mozilla Firefox freezes while starting iCloud

According to me the problem might be not with the web browser which you are using, but the real problem will be with the speed of your Internet connection. Your Internet speed won’t be good enough to load iCloud in your browser. Thus, your browser is taking a lot of time in order to load your account and making it look as if your browser has freezed. So, I would suggest you to first make sure that your internet is working fine and is providing you with pretty good speed.

As you have mentioned that the Mozilla Firefox which you are using in your Linux system in order to visit the iCloud website is crashing. So, I think it migh be because of some corrupt file. So, it would be good, if you uninstall the firefox application from your system and then try to reinstall it in your system. But after uninstalling the browser, make sure that you are removing all the instance of the file. You can use any third party software inorder to do the same. Once done with the uninstalling process, do a fresh reinstallation of Mozilla in your system.

You know that the iCloud is a newly launched feature by Apple. So it is obvious from this that, it will be requiring new features and updates features in order to make it possible to run the application smoothly in any computer system. So, make sure that you have kept your system updated in order to use the iCloud application without any issue. Perform system update in your Linux system in order to get all the new updates for your Linux running computer.

The problem can also occur if the web browser which you are using, i.e. Mozilla firefox is outdated or is of an older version. So, I would recommend you to make sure that you have installed the latest available Mozilla Firefox web browser in your Linux system. If any additional extensions or add-ons are required for support, then please install them as well. Once you have installed all the necessary updates, restart your browser and check whether the problem still exists or not.

I have been using iCloud from some time now. And I have noticed that the performance and the speed for accessing iCloud from Firefox browser decrease if you have not installed new updates of Java in your system. After installing the latest available updates for Java, I personally experienced the changes when I updated my system by install all the required updates along with java in my system. So I would definitely suggest you to try out the suggestion.

As you have mentioned that Mozilla Firefox will freeze when you are trying to access iCloud accounts, so in this case I would suggest you to try out some other web browsers for your Mac OS X running system. You can definitely try using Google Chrome or Opera. Search and download the same from the official website of Chrome and Opera respectively and try using them both and decide which one is giving you better result.