Thread: Unable to copy files in webDAV server on Mac OSX

Unable to copy files in webDAV server on Mac OSX

Hey guys I recently started working on Apple iCloud. For this I have signed up for free 3G service. I am using the webDAV server on my Mac OSX as well. But now when I am trying to copy some files I am getting the following error message “you cannot copy the file because the name of the file is too long or contain invalid characters for the destination.” But I am trying to copy a file with a small and valid name, song.mp3. I am really irritated with the trouble. Please help me.

Re: Unable to copy files in webDAV server on Mac OSX

According to me there might be some issue with the webDAV server application which you have installed in your Mac OSX. So, what I would suggest you is to make sure that the webDAV application is installed properly in your system. For cross checking, I would recommend you to uninstall the server application from your system and then reinstall it. Make sure that while you are installing the files, it is getting installed without any error.

Make sure that the file you are trying to save is in working condition and is not a corrupt file. Also please check out the Internet connection status. I would also recommend you to try copying the file to the iClound folder by using some another machine. If you are able to copy the files from another machine then the issue is with your system, but if the problem exists with all the account then you must probably check out the iCloud services which you are using.

I also faced this issue while uploading file and solved the issue by considering few tips in mind. I am assuming you to be doing what I did in my time, which is trying to save the files in my folder. But I would like to tell you that you can’t save the files in any folder. Instead you have to store the files inside a folder known as ‘Xios’. It is your 3GB Cloud Drive which is provided to every user. You can also purchase more drive if you wish to.

Thank you, guys for helping me out. I tried what you suggested me to do. I tried copying the file in the ‘Xios’ folder and was able to do so without getting any error. All thanks to you people, I was able to copy my important files on iCloud. It will prove to be a good back up for me as about 3GB of my data can be stored online. Anyways thanks to others also, who tried solving my problem. I really appreciate your time and efforts.