Thread: PHP 5.3 and IIS 7:Getting error message ‘500 Internal Server Error The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly‘

PHP 5.3 and IIS 7:Getting error message ‘500 Internal Server Error The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly‘

I am getting 500 Internal Servers errors with the PHP 5.3 on the IIS 7. All the above mentioned stuffs are running on the Windows 2008 server environment. I am unable to figure out why this particular issue is occurring on the situation of mine. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: PHP 5.3 and IIS 7:Getting error message ‘500 Internal Server Error The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly‘

Well looking at the situation I am asking following questions which you should answer to fix the matter of yours. from when you have downloaded the PHP 5.3? how you have installed on the system of yours? do you have configure the FastCGI appropriately? Do you having the FastCGI or ISAPI? Answer the above mentioned questions as early as possible so that I can let you to know about the possible solution to fix the matter.

re: PHP 5.3 and IIS 7:Getting error message ‘500 Internal Server Error The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly‘

Looking at the problem I am suspecting that this particular issue is happening because the FastCGI is having something like ExitProcess. I am not sure but why this is happening? Well according to me there would be multiple reason on this particular matter but I am unable to figure out. I will let you know as soon as possible why the FastCGI is exiting. Also share the experience of yours on this particular matter.

You need to configure the php.ini file on the system on this particular matter. You need to use the following command.
    Code:
    display_errors=Off
    log_errors=On
    error_log="C:\WINDOWS\Temp\php-error.log"
    also you can kept the error_reporting to the E_ALL. Also you have to see that the web server should have the sufficient permission to write the file which has been specified by the error_log INI directive.

According to me it would not be reliable on the timezone settings of the system of yours. I think you have to unset the parameters would be end up on the internal sever Error 500 on the web page. If you have not set any parameter then the PHP would not be able to able to report any thing. I am also suspecting that there is an issue between the WPI and the PHP 5.3. so you should consider the thing which I have mentioned over here.

I wanted to say thanks to all the guys for helping out me to fix the matter of mine. After using all the instructions which you have mentioned over here I have get rid from the error message which you have mentioned over here. Now I am not getting the error message which I have mentioned over here in this particular thread. I really wanted to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to fix the matter of mine.