Thread: How to get sub domains to work for PHP pages running IIS 7

How to get sub domains to work for PHP pages running IIS 7

I am learning php and I am still not proficient with it although and I had never have installed php on my disk myself..Recently I had some trouble getting sub-domains to work with php pages that are currently running on IIS server 7, although they work fine they are only accessing the html pages , but the movement you try to access them through the folder under the root. Do I need to install the an additional package or something else.

Re: How to get sub domains to work for PHP pages running IIS 7

I suggest you to first try of the domain.com/index.html to check if that works by going into the root directory of php. Then check for same file with an php extension and then check for the sub.domain.com/index.html and see if that works and then check out the same root directory for an php extension and see if that works . I think you would then be able to pin –point your problem. I think that would help you to trouble shoot the problem yourself.

Preliminary I thought that was an error due to header issue but when you said that the sub-domains works for the html then this host header issue had been completely ruled out from this. Tell me what is the exact error message that you are getting when you try to access the php pages in the sub –domain. Pages. So just post me back the exact error message the you are getting so that expert user who have already been through this problem can help you out in a better way.

It’s just a general error that I am getting, it ‘s named 404 . I have no idea how to fix it , I tried using the Microsoft web developer installer to get php working on the server and that worked perfectly fine with the sub-domains which initially did not have php installed although the movement I checked the sub-site the handlers always referred to the php. I think that s the error caused due to wrong installation of php. I never had this problem before.

I suggest you to comment the line doc_root=”( the directory where your file is saved )” and then check if your files work. I did this and this worked for me but it s odd that all the documentation that I have read till now say that I need to have this line in the program so the I can use IIS 7 and Fast CGI. I hope nothing goes wrong after doing this as till date it working perfectly fine. So I don‘t think that would create an issue with other files.

To fix this problem permanently you need to get into php.ini settings and then get through to sub sites in this you will find the IIS manager click on that and a new window would open up which states the list of document that are currently used and then select the default documents and then set that to the index.php page followed by the index.html and then use the index.php page for sub-sites and that should thus make your sub-domains work .

I tried all the methods and the suggestion you guys gave me but, its seems that nothing works for my system , I would also like to have tell that I think there are many others version that are not working with this . But however I appreciated the time and effort you put in to solve my problems . I hope something that helps me out would have become possible . I think format is the only option left for me .