Thread: Internet Explorer and Google Chrome Error giving some port error

Internet Explorer and Google Chrome Error giving some port error

Well I am using windows 7 home premium operating system on my computer. I just now took a internet connection and for surfing over web I am using the default internet explorer browser and sometimes also Google chrome. My problem is that this browser doesn’t display any webpage, and it gives me error message saying the device (web proxy) is not getting internet connection for port 9666. I don’t have any idea on the same. So please help me.

Re: Internet Explorer and Google Chrome Error giving some port error

I would recommend you to verify the settings of the internet which you would have configured on your computer. Every so often the settings might have gone affected due to some reasons possibly if any modification has been done by some application or programs. And thus you are not able to connect to internet and so the browser is not able to receive the internet connection on your computer, so just ensure that every setting is proper.

In this case I think that there is some proxy setting which is not letting your browser to display any website. If you are using any proxy software then check the proxy setting of your internet connection that you are using, and also ensure that all of the settings are verified properly. Also check that your proxy server that you have setup is working properly. I hope there you will definitely able to find out the problem and possibly get rid of same.

Well I guess this error is occurring due to some firewalls settings. In the computer windows firewall is always ON and thus it filters all the connection to your computer. Thus if some settings there are done, then according to that firewall performs. I guess port 9666 might have blocked on your computer. Thus when your proxy server tries to retrieve the connection then your firewall doesn’t allow the same. So just disable the firewall or unblock the same.

Is this problem also occurring with any other browsers that are installed in your system? If the problem is occurring for the proxy setting as you mentioned in your post then this will also be happened with the other browser, check about this. I recommend you to upgrade the browser version, tough in some of the cases o found that for the older version the setting for the proxy server might be vanishes or corrupted in that case you need to reconfigure the process or to upgrade the browser version.

As you are using two browsers in order to surf over internet. I guess you would have tried both these browsers and getting the same problem in both. So to confirm it more you should try to use Mozilla Firefox browser. This browser has many advantages and inbuilt features, even widely popular. So just check whether you are getting the error even here. it even doesn’t have any problem to work with any plug-in or add-ons, so here these would not be the cause for this problem.

I have found that the port you mentioned is 9666 and this port number is used by software called Ultrasurf. Well I guess this problem is occurring due to this secured browsing software which allows one to have private browsing, to bypass firewalls and to keep privacy. But this is the problem, I would advise you to remove such software from your computer. It is a cumbersome process to uninstall this software so do it properly by understanding everything.

Yes definitely the problem is due to usage of Ultrasurf on your computer. And if you have installed Ultrasurf, then you would have done some of the settings and configured it as the proxy. Thus it would be better to remove it, but the thing is that it isn't definite that it will remove the proxy settings from IE and Chrome. Thus still you would get the same error after uninstalling, so according to me you should uninstall the browser itself to test for the problem.

Try to examine the computer for viruses by using updated antivirus as I believe that your computer is tarnished by some virus which is not letting your browser to access certain websites. Viruses are intelligent programs which have the affinity of getting associated with the files of the applications like browsers which are often used. Also check on your network adapter that you have set it to obtain the network address automatically. Check the automatically retrieving DNS and IP address option from there.