Thread: Unable to get wireless connection on Windows XP professional on T43

Unable to get wireless connection on Windows XP professional on T43

Hello Everyone, I had recently bought a T43 ThinkPad, not the new one but, I got it from my friends and he had used it at least for 3 months and was in good condition and now after that it had been 2 years, that I am using it, and it was seriously attacked by malware just before some days and fortunately I think I successfully removed it. And I have all data back up with me, so I had decided to format my hard drive again with windows XP professional, as I thought it will secure for my in future but after format a wireless connection icon had been gone from my desktop and F1 and F5 key both together don’t assisting me to get the wireless connection. So I need your guys suggestion for any further action. I am totally confusion what to do next. Please me to get my wireless connection on T43. Thanks.

Re: Unable to get wireless connection on Windows XP professional on T43

Hey dude, don’t worry I think this a driver issue, this happen most of the if the driver doesn’t install properly after system format, or while is infected by virus and malware, so the first step is after installing your operating system, first thing you have to do is run your antivirus complete scan on your system before installing any other software and after that install your drivers from genuine ThinkPad installation CD of T43 and don’t run any other software while drivers installation and keep your antivirus disable during that period.

Hey, if you are getting problem in creating a wireless connection instead of installing all drivers from Lenovo driver CD then simply go on the Lenovo official site and after that insert your model Number and download the supported and needed wireless driver for ex: IBM ThinkPad T43 and your Operating system and then the best supported driver will be suggest by the site for your Lenovo. It just the simple process and I think your will get solved by this.

If the problem is still their then first you have to download BIOS and Wireless LAN driver for your Lenovo through the Lenovo support site and download the following driver from another laptop or PC and after that install them on your Laptop manually, If there any problem in BIOS than BIOS installed will start and if not than the BIOS installation is not require right for your Laptop, so in this case you have to install just the Wireless driver file it will show on the site like (ThinkPad 11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter).

Hey there, if above thing don’t seems to be working for you than first take a look into your device manager in the control panel any errors, you will able to recognize the errors over there by watch the yellow pointed icon which will be stated as a Unknown file and after that you will actually comes to know the actual missing driver which is required for your Lenovo T43 for getting connected through the wireless network. So as per my suggestion you first this one than go for other stuff as you will able to find out the exact emergence of problem from this. And before all thing you have to install the Chipset driver in your system.

Hey there, this surly problem with any of your driver, so I will recommend you the easiest way through will you will able to get solution of all your problem, just connect your Lenovo at any place where the Broadband connection is available and than simple run the system Update like for Lenovo “ThinkPad System Update 4.0” is the latest one, this is the simplest way to get all the needed and missing driver direct on your System and if do this Updates proper you will never find a yellow marks in device manager not even any driver missing problem.

Hey it seems like after format you are not able to connect to internet through your wireless connection at all, so as per my knowledge follow the mention setup and you might get rid of this problem:
    First you have to boot the Setup i.e., BIOS by pressing F2 and check properly before it that your Wireless router in on than go in Start or RUN and insert there devmgmt.msc and press Enter, In the now in the device manager you will able to see the yellow marked sign, if you are able to watch that than download the recommended drivers asking in the yellow notification, now after that check whether you have got the wireless icon in your System Tray.