Thread: Need to force Chrome's status bar to show in the bottom right corner

Need to force Chrome's status bar to show in the bottom right corner

Sorry if this has been asked or discussed before. I did some searching and found nothing. Good information appears to be very scattered today. Good to know that when there is a link to the lower left corner of the status bar will move out of the way, sometimes it moves all the way to the bottom right corner. My query is, is there something I can do as a developer with CSS, JavaScript, WebKit, etc., I give you some control over this? I think the status bar should appear at the ower right corner, despite of where the link is.

Re: Need to force Chrome's status bar to show in the bottom right corner

I did not realize how much you use the status bar until I started using Chrome and it was not there. What is the logic of eliminating a necessary piece of information? It's the way to monitor what browser you are doing! First I think it distracts from the "bubble state" continues to appear in and out of what moves the mouse. Second, is a huge pain in the ass on Facebook, where all your bookmarks are on the bottom left (below the bubble been appearing).

I just today began with the Chrome browser. So far, the absence of the status bar is the most annoying difference. I want to be able to see when the page loads and the load when it does. Thinking about this, I realize that the reason I got in the habit of seeing the status bar of Firefox so much is that it takes so long to load some pages. Time and use to clarify this a bit. Well this is what I feel about this browser.

Another reason: Chrome suffers from the lack of extensions, which is a natural product of being young, being able to load user scripts as an extension is very helpful, several of the scripts, however, assume rationally, there is a status bar at the bottom of the screen, and do not work with Chrome, probably because the latter lacks the first. In fact, it's crazy. Sure, it's hidden by default. Make it difficult to ignite. But do not apply to everyone? Not even enough hooks to allow someone to write an extension that allows one to?

What is the point of a status bar? Want to know which link is sending you, the bubble of state does. It takes up more space when it pops it takes less space than a bar, and leave when they are no longer a link. Want to know if a page is loaded in the tab tells you to let you know when it is over a tab, even when you are on another tab. We want the bar of familiarity and comfort, not because it really serves a purpose or relays information to the vast majority of users. It is true that there are some power users and developers who need the bar for highly specialized purposes, but that is 80% market share.

I hope that clarifies some of the reasons why the status bar must always be "on" for some applications. These two issues will probably be combined. In many applications it is valuable dynamic information is displayed in the status bar. For example, I give SlideRocket appearance with and without the status bar, I do not know if the slides are loaded and ready. I cannot move the mouse down to see the "bubble", because I use the mouse to highlight things in the current slide, and everyone watching the presentation you are wondering why I keep stressing the bottom of the screen.

So you can use Firefox instead of chrome. But actually I am surprised that Chrome does not have this feature from the start. I mean, in my opinion a status bar feature is a very basic options that a browser should be designed so that, without a doubt. In this version, so do not think there is any way to add a status bar, so I think that developers can add this feature in the new version of chrome.