Thread: Logging on Facebook will crash Safari web browser

Logging on Facebook will crash Safari web browser

I have been using the MacBook from last 6 months and this is the first time I have encountered some technical problem. Every time I am log in to my Facebook account using the Safari browser, Safari will quit the process and crash completely. I am unable to verify the real reason behind this issue. In what possible way, I can solve the issue? Please help me, by sharing your suggestions with me. Your suggestions will be appreciated. So please feel free to reply.

Re: Logging on Facebook will crash Safari web browser

You should check whether you are facing this issue only when you are trying to access Facebook on Safari browser. OR is it the case where the Safari browser is crashing, whenever you are trying to access any other web page. I would recommend you to check the settings of the Safari browser which is installed in your system. You or someone might have changed few settings which might be causing this issue while you are accessing Facebook page.

I would recommend you to restore your Safari Browser in to its default setting. You can do so by following below few steps:
    • Open Safari and click on Edit option on the main menu of it
    • Choose the Reset Safari option from the drop-down list and check the checkboxes that you want to restore.
    • Click on Reset button

According to me you are not able to access the Facebook website from the Safari Web browser that you have installed in your MacBook because the Safari which you are using is not updated. You might be using an older version of Safari which is not able to run all the new features of Facebook. So, I would suggest you to update the Safari browser to the latest available version of it. Once you have installed the newest Safari in your system, restart your Mac and after restarting, try using Safari to access Facebook.

It is very easy to update the Safari browser which is installed in your MacBook laptop. You just need to make sure that the Internet connection is established and it is working perfectly fine. Once you are assured about the connection, click on the Apple menu which you can find on the top left portion on your screen. Here you will find an option called Software Update. Click on Software Update option to install all the necessary updates for your system.

If nothing seems to be solving the issue then, I would suggest you to download some other web browser for your Macbook laptop. You can download Mozilla Firefox from the official website of Mozilla and install it in your system. But, make sure that you are installing the correct setup, which is meant for Mac users only. Install the browser and start accessing Facebook from it. Try this only if none of the above solutions are helping. You can also try it if you want to try browsing in some other web browser.

It is possible that the issue you are going through might be occurring because of some new updates which you had recently installed. If the problems occurred with the new updates from Safari browser itself, then most probably it will be some kind of bug and you need to wait for the Safari officials to solve the issue in their new update. Until then enjoy using facebook in some another web browser.