Thread: Safari slows down while running gif files

Safari slows down while running gif files

Hello people. My cousin recently gave me his MacBook Pro laptop which he had already used . But it is in pretty much good condition. Please co-operate with me and try helping me get over my issues, as I am very new to the Mac and its features. I recently started using the Safari web browser available in the Mac system and I noticed that it is running GIF files very slow, which is very annoying sometimes. So, I wanted to know what I can do to solve the issue and make Safari little faster when I am working on some websites having GIF files.

Re: Safari slows down while running gif files

I am not sure whether my suggestion will help you out solve your problem or not, but I would definitely suggest you to give it a try as I have performed this solutions many times when I am having issue regarding slow browser. What you should do is delete all the Safari cache files and keep the space empty more often. You should make sure that you have got enough free disk space as that will be encouraging smooth performance of your system and its resources.

According to me you are going through the issue because the Safari browser which you are using might be of some older version of the application. So, I would also suggest you to update the Safari browser installed in your system. It would be better if you update the Mac Operating System which you running in your Macbook laptop. An updated software always makes it sure that the system and the device gives the maximum best performance. You can update the system by click on the Update system button which you can find under the main home screen of your laptop.

Dude, I have got procedures which you can try on if you wish to solve your problem.
    • Try performing Complete Reset on your Safari browser to roll it back to the default setting which is provided at the time of installing Safari.
    • You can also try deleting the Preferences list (plist) files in order to fix the issue.
    • If nothing seems to be heling you out, I would suggest you to try logging into some another user account in your system, start the Safari web browser and check whether the same issue occurs while viewing animated gifs.

Those were really very quick response. But unfortunately neither of them actually helped me out solve the issue. I updated my Safari browser, install all the necessary update available for my Mac Operating System, later I even deleted cookies and plist, but nothing seems to help me run my Safari browser, when I am actually running GIF files in it. Still I do appreciate your assistance and concern toward my issue. Anyone with anymore suggestions, plese feel free to speak. Also i am getting the same slow Safari browser, even if i change the User account.

The idea behind logging into some other user account was only to check out whether the same issue occurs while accessing Safari from another user account. It was kind of troubleshooting to check out whether the problem existed on the entire system or it is user account specific. This seems to be a very common issue now. So the only solution according to me at this moment is to contact Safari people and show them the issues with Safari browser while viewing Gif files.

If the thing is really bothering you so much, then i would suggest you to start using some other browser. Mozilla Firefox seems to be a very good web browser which doesn't seem to be having any issue and you don't even have to install any new program or extensions /plugins inorder to solve the issue. You can also go for Camino for your Mac system, as it is also don't posses any kind of issues.