Thread: What do you mean by wpa.safariextz?

What do you mean by wpa.safariextz?

I have installed Safari on the computer of mine. I have noticed wpa.safariextz on the computer of mine. I am unable to figure out whether it is malware or something else. Let me know if you have found the thing which I have mentioned over here in this particular thread. Any help to solve the issue of mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: What do you mean by wpa.safariextz?

I let you know that I have installed DivX component for Quicktime. It seems to be appeared with any other extension which is named as html5video.safariextz. so according to me it would be a normal thing if it is on the computer of yours. if you move to extension pane from the Safari Preferences you will see the active extensions which seems to be appearing over there. So you should not worry about the thing which you are getting.

Well looking at the situation I wanted to confirm some basic information which would be useful to figure out the root cause of the problem. Which version of operating system do you have installed on the computer of yours? Can you tell me which version of the Safari installed on the computer? Do you have installed any antivirus program on the computer of yours? where do you have found the wpa.safariextz on the computer? so answer the above mentioned question as early as possible.

In this particular situation you have to browse for the Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Extensions location. You will see the expanded form on the screen. You will have the folder with name wpa.safariextension. you will see the file info.plist. you have to see CFBundleIdentifier. Also you can use the Finder-File-Get Info into the Home/Library/Safari/Extensions/wpa.safariextz location and you will be able to figure out how you have got the download on the computer of yours.

I am unable to figure out why you are getting the above mentioned extension on the computer of yours. Well I recommend that you should contact the technical support team of the Apple to get the further assistance. You should provide the information which has been associated with the issue which you are getting and the computer configuration of yours. I am hoping that the Apple would help you to fix the matter of yours.