Thread: How to allow local file access by using Safari?

How to allow local file access by using Safari?

as the title suggesting itself what I wanted to ask over here in this particular thread. I have installed Apple Safari on the computer of mine. I am having a webserver. I have noticed that the Safari security is forbidden with the local file access from the any of the local URL. Let me know if you are having any way to disable the security? Let me know if you are having solution to meet the requirement of mine. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to allow local file access by using Safari?

Well looking at the problem I am wondering that there should be something like app which would give you access to local files. I think they should use some resources by using the QuickTime plug in. as far as I know there is no particular solution to fix the matter and there is no application to get the requirement of yours. Anyway I let you know as far as I come across regarding the solution to meet the requirement.

I am not sure whether it is concerned with the Security Policy. As far as I know it is presented into the all of kind of the web browsers. However you will be able to disable the Security Policy by using the Advanced Preferences Customization. So you should look into the browser of yours and see whether the thing is working or not. I am hoping that it would be useful to get the need of yours.

Looking at the requirement of yours I am suggesting that you should run the following command on the terminal. You should launch the terminal and you have to copy and paste the below mentioned command on the terminal and press enter.
    Code:
    open -a '/Applications/Safari.app' --args --disable-web-security
    let me know whether the command which I have mentioned over here is working or not.

Have you tried with any other browser? Well I recommend that you should install any of the browsers on the computer of yours and see whether you are getting the requirement of yours.
    • Opera
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Google Chrome
    Let me know whether it was useful to you or not.

I am not having any technical solution to meet the requirement of yours. however I recommend that you should contact Apple and look for more technical solution from the developer side. You should provide the details which is associated the computer configuration and the problem which you are getting. I am hoping that the Apple technical support team would help you out to fix the matter of yours.