Thread: Preferences Pane opens as a small tab in safari

Preferences Pane opens as a small tab in safari

Hi guys I have recently installed safari browser in my computer and I have never used this browser before. This is a very nice and user-friendly browser especially I like interface of this browser. I am facing one problem with this browser. Whenever I open the preferences window in my browser at that time I can see only the red colored close button and I am not able to see the preferences window. I don’t know what is wrong with it. Please help me to fix this problem.

Re: Preferences Pane opens as a small tab in safari

It looks like browser issue and you can solve it by uninstalling the browser from your computer and after that install it again. Sometimes if any of the files get corrupted at that time this type problem occurs and that is why I am telling you to reinstall the safari in your computer and after doing that you will not get any issue with your browser. Try this solution and check whether you are getting this problem again or not. I think after doing that you will not get any problem with it.

In my computer I was getting the same type of problem and after that I have created one new user account in my computer with full administrative rights. After doing that I have open the safari browser in that and after that when I open the preferences window at that time I didn’t get any issue with my browser. According to me you should also try this trick to solve your problem and after that you will not get any issue with your browser also.

I have tried to fix this problem by reinstalling the safari in my system and after that when I tried to open the preferences and at that time I get the same problem. I have also created the new user account with administrative rights and after when I tried to open the preferences at that time it opens. But I want to use the safari browser in my main account and I am not able to do that. Please tell me what I should do to fix this. Is there any possibility of having virus in my computer?

Yes there may be possibilities of having virus in your computer and I would like to suggest you that if you have any antivirus installed in your computer then open it and after that run the full system scan. After scanning is complete at that time check whether you antivirus have detect any virus or not and if it has detected then check whether it gets deleted or not, after deleting the virus restart the computer. Now you will be able to open the preferences window.

I have scanned my whole system with Norton antivirus and after that my antivirus has didn’t detect any antivirus. Now after doing that my friend suggest me to scan the system with bootable antivirus and after that I have done same thing and scan my whole system with the help of bootable scanner and after that my all the problem get solved. Thank you so much for all the replies and all the information. I really appreciate your help.