Thread: Google search toolbar is not displaying suggestions in Safari

Google search toolbar is not displaying suggestions in Safari

I am not sure whether this might be the reason behind my problem which I am going through but the issue started after this only. Recently I installed few latest available security updates in MacBook Pro laptop. After installing them I have noticed that the Google Search toolbar has stopped displaying any suggestions. Any idea, what must be causing this issue and what I should do to solve my problem? Please help. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Re: Google search toolbar is not displaying suggestions in Safari

The same issue has occurred with me as well as many other Safari users. It seems to be some kind of bug with either the Google or with the Safari web browser. So, I would recommend you to roll back your system to the earlier instance when you had not installed those security updates in your system. Rolling back those updates might prove to be helpful, but I am not usre about this thing as I have not yet performed the same thing in my system.

I would suggest you to Reset/Restore Safari into its original state. You can perform that by following few steps. We have got few threads on this forum, TechArena; which have clearly mentioned the steps to restore Safari in a much simpler way. So, I would suggest you to visit the following link to Restore Safari . Make sure that you are performing the steps exactly they are mentioned in the post.

I would suggest you to follow the below few steps:
    • Open a Finder window.
    • Choose the Home Folder on the left side of the Sidebar.
    • Click on small house icon > Library > Preferences
    • Move the com.apple.Safari.plist file from the Preferences folder to the Desktop and start the Safari browser and visit Google website.
    • If this is not working, then please move the .plist file back to the Preferences folder.

I am also facing the same issue. I tried many different suggestions, but nothing seems to have worked for me. So, finally I decided to change the search engine which I am using. I replaced Google Search toolbar with Bing and it seems to be working very well without any issues. So I would recommend you to do the same, as that would solve your issue as well. You can either use Bing as your default search engine or you can even give Yahoo! a try, as it is also working without any issue.

It is for sure some kind of issue from the Google or Safari side. So, the best suggestion would be to wait for the official to solve the problem in their next update, rather than experimenting by our self and creating more trouble for us. I am sure so many people have went through the issue that the Google or the Safari officials might have noticed the issue and must be working on some solution for the same.

Good news guys!!! the problem is finally solved. The Google Search toolbar suggestions are again displayed when we are searching for any query. I am not sure from which side (Google or Safari )the problem had started and who solved the issue, but i am very happy that finally the issue came to an end. few update notifications occurred this morning and after installing them and restarting my system, the problem got fixed.