Thread: Safari shows “Certificate signed by unknown authority" message when logging in Facebook

Safari shows “Certificate signed by unknown authority" message when logging in Facebook

Hello guys. It will be great if someone tells me what is happening with my Safari web browser. Whenever I am trying to logging into my Facebook account using the safari browser, I am getting the following message: "certificate signed by unknown authority". Further the message goes on with claiming that I might be logging onto some website which is not Facebook. But bymistakely I ignored this message and logged in using the website, and everything looked like the original Facebook only. Still I wanted to know, what is the problem and with what. How can I resolve the issue?

Re: Safari shows “Certificate signed by unknown authority" message when logging in Facebook

There might be some issue with the Safari browser which you are using to access your Facebook account. I would recommend you to try checking out whether you are facing the same issue while you are trying to access your Facebook account from any other web browser. You can try the Mozilla Firefox web browser and cross check about the issue. Restart you system and your network connection and then check it the problem still existed while you are trying to logging on to your account.

Re: Safari shows “Certificate signed by unknown authority" message when logging in Facebook

According to me, it is highly possible that someone might have hacked into your account and that is why you are getting all this error messages. I would recommend you to contact Facebook support team and bring the issue you are facing to them. They will be able to help you in the most appropriate way. Also make sure that you are changing the password of your Facebook account and choosing a more secured password for it.

Please follow the below link in order to get rid of the following error message which you are receiving while accessing your Facebook account in Safari web browser:
    • Start your Safari Browser and go to Preferences
    • Select the Security tab.
    • Click on ‘Show Cookies’ and delete all Facebook cookies.
    • Reboot your Mac system.
    • After restarting, again try using Facebook.

Thank you so much guys. That was so nice of you people to reply my thread so quickly. I was not expecting such a quick response. Anyways once again thank you. And Special thanks to the one who posted the last suggestion, this is the one which worked for me and helped me solve my issue which i was facing while accessing Facebook in Safari browser. You just came as a life saver to me. Will surely ask for more assistance if i face any issues in future.