Thread: Facebook as a perception

Facebook as a perception

I do not agree that one must not be up to limit a association just to well-known friends. Its fine if you don't desire to be spammed through requests as of virtual people you don't desire to converse with. But when you be able to place your profile so confidential that users as of list of friends are not capable to view your current activity, wall, info as everything can be concealed then what’s the point? So tell me what you people think about this.

Re: Facebook as a perception

I could not agree more with you on that. My profile is only visible to my friends, so if a stranger somehow found me on Facebook and I want to add, has no access to any of my information than anyone else, but my friends. Also, if you get several requests a person who does not want to add, simply click on the "Do not know [Name]?" link and make him / her cannot send more requests. However, I remember when this measure was added, awaiting friend requests as well as news worked another way. If you send F / R to someone and later altered his / her profile picture, or "like" something, you have a "[Friends] has changed their profile picture." story in its news service, and therefore I think one of the reasons why foreigners were forbidden to send requests.

I think it depends on what each person feel comfortable and uncomfortable to share. After granular privacy settings of Facebook makes it better IMO, which means nearly total control over what you display. Somebody may think "What are you doing on Facebook if you make your information visible only to him? How is that being social?" For me, Facebook is a place Where I can attach through old friends and put together events. That's it. However, the fact that I am on Facebook so that does not mean you should share my information with my friends, friends of friends, or everyone on the Internet.

One in four users has been the victim of identity theft in some way with the music for more than 50 billion dollars. Facebook is an important enabler of this. The user must have complete control of unlimited information shared in them and which is common, but only if you want to share your personal information with the great world. However, some people just want to use Facebook to share with a very specific group of friends or alone with the family. They should give control to ensure that only people who have chosen can view any information about them. That's just the way it should be.

It is very anonymity on the web, as opposed to "public profile", but otherwise, the list should have been "decide what to share and not share," then it would be a concept of social network Facebook, but offers the possibility of playing double standards. You can talk about something and hide it away from those that led to their social profile 'in the first place. Bring many flaws on purpose, and I can see how it works psychologically. Also, one is able to climb something, completely hidden from everyone except FB itself to collect on the database.