Thread: Flash player is not working in Safari

Flash player is not working in Safari

Hello guys, my friend recently started facing this particular weird issue while using Safari web browser in his Mac OSX running MacBook Pro laptop. Recently, whenever he tries to visit any websites which is running on flash, won’t start in Safari browser. It always gives some or another error. Now, this issue seems to be going over head, and as we are unable to rectify the cause for the issue and some solution to solve it, I have posted this thread on behalf of my cousin. So, I hope that if someone is having any good suggestions regarding the matter will come forward to help. Thank you.

Re: Flash player is not working in Safari

As, you have mentioned that the problem started occurring from last few days, so it is clearly visible from this issue might have started occurring because of some sort of virus infection in your system. Although many people say that Mac never gets infected, but as it is also a computer system, there are pretty good chances of this thing to occur. Or else there might be some issue in your Safari browser or the flash which is installed in your Mac system.

According to me you are unable to run flash player in the safari browser which you have installed in your Mac OSX system, because it might be of an older version. So, I would suggest you to make sure that you have installed the latest available Flash player in your system. Uninstall the current version of flash player from your system. Visit the official website of Adobe Flash player and download the latest available setup for your system. Make sure that you are downloading a setup file for Mac system.

You should probably confirm where the problem exists. Is the issue with the flash player installed in your system or the Safari browser in which you are running the flash player? To find the real culprit, try running flash player in some other browser as well, like you can try the Mozilla Firefox web browser. Check if you are facing the similar issue while using Mozilla Firefox or not. If you face the same issue then the problem is with the Firefox, but if it’s just the case with Safari then most probably the culprit is the Safari browser.

Thank you, people for replying so quickly to my thread. I uninstalled the earlier version of Flash player from my system, downloaded the latest available and installed the new version of the software from Adobe’s official website. Then I crossed checked where the real problem was. Surprisingly I came across the fact that flash was running well and good in the Mozilla Firefox but showed error in the Safari browser. Does anyone know, what should be done inorder to solve the issue now?

So as you have mentioned that the flash player is working with Mozilla firefox and not with the Safari which are installed in your system. The best solution according to me would be to uninstall Safari completely from your system and start working on Mozilla Firefox as it is showing more compatibility with other applications in your system. Or else if you wish to continue using the Safari, make sure that you have upgraded the Safari browser in your system.

The problem might also occur if you had enabled some Safari-Preferences. Go to the following few paths and check out if any security related preferences had been installed in your system. Go to plugins which you will find in Home/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ and if you find any plugins then move them to the desktop and restart your Safari. Check if the problem still exists or not. If the issue still exists, then move the files back to their location. Do the same for the Home/Library/Input Managers/ and the plist file in the following link - Home/Library/Preferences/com.apple.safari.plist

I have noticed that the flash player in Safari is not working only in the latest version of Safari. There is some kind of bug in the latest update which has caused this issue in Safari. When I degraded the Safari to its earlier version, everything seems to have solved the issue and again I was able to run the flash player in my Safari web browser. So, if you don’t mind degrading your Safari until the issue gets fixed by Safari people, then you should also try the trick I did. It’s worth a try.